and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I am a New Member to your Forum - Doug Rose AKA Kidphone

Started by Doug Rose, December 29, 2009, 11:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dan/Panther on December 29, 2009, 11:51:46 PM
WOW KID phone says it all....
I'm partial to 302's, boy you took the wind out of my sails with your 302 collection.
I would like to say I hope my collection looks like yours in 30 years, It might, I'll only be 90.
D/P

Hey D/P....I am partial to the 302s as well. You never know where the next one is hiding....good luck....Kidphone
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: d_s_k on December 30, 2009, 02:42:52 AM
What a great collection!
And the first picture included this:

The only I recognized as Norwegian. Not the nicest, but ....one of those from Norway.
Strange but recognizing something familiar gives a special feeling.

Most impressed of the payphones.

Regards
dsk

dsk....I have a few other Norwegian phones in hiding places in the room. I love the dials.....Kidphone
Kidphone

Dan

Welcome Kid, I am humbled by your collection!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Phonesrfun

Quote from: Jim S. on December 29, 2009, 09:09:15 PM
....Your collection is a prime example of what happens once the telephone collecting infection takes hold.

I have been fortunate enough that I have been only mildly infected.
Jim S.

....And you realize there is no cure known to mankind....

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

bellsystemproperty

WOW!!! Great phones!  :o :o :o
I'm amazed at those colored 302's you've amassed. And I thought my hoard of rotary phones was big. Now when my mom says I have too many phones I can show her your collection.  :D This "hobby" really turns out into an obsession or "lifestyle" I'd call it. People do seem surprised that the phones still work, or at least most of them. we have a vacation home in Palm Springs and yesterday the GTE Verizon guy came to install phone service. After they install the phone they usually come inside and dial the household phone to test that everything works. I made sure my 500 was plugged in to see his reaction. (yeah I know I should be using AE phones here but I love my AE80 too much to leave in PS all alone) He wasn't surprised at all! All he said was that they are good phones. Maybe more people are still using rotary phones than we realize. While I do love the listservs, this forum has a much better interface and lets you directly post pictures.

Tonyrotary

Welcome Kidphone! Wow, 30 years of collecting! Like most here I just started recently. You have quite the collection! I love those 302's you have. I recently just restored mine and had lots of fun. It may not be perfect but it looks alot better than when I first got it.  I agree this hobby is alot of fun.The people on this forum were a big help with tips. Its great to have you on board.

mienaichizu

Wow Doug you have a very nice and extensive collection of telepones, anywAy, welcome to the forums doug, I am one of those members who were outside of America, I'm from the Philippines, welcome again - ramil

HobieSport

Doug your phone collection is internationally admired and respected from all over the world. I can't do the live tour. More pictures, please!
-Matt

Dan/Panther

Kidphone;
Speaking of Red 302, this past September I finally got my Red 302. Since then I've seen two of them sell for under $500.00, one was in excellent shape, mine is also in near new condition, but I paid way more than $500.00 for it.
I still think I didn't get burned too bad, but then I should have waited a few months.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Dan, hind-sight is 20-20.  What seems to happen is that yours sold for whatever it sold for prompting those two others to think, hey I've got one of those and they list them after seeing the high sale price.  So it seems that one doesn't see something for a long time and then suddenly there are a few of them for sale.

AET

I actually did show my folks this collection, and told them that mine WILL looks like this one day.

Also, when I talk to people I am surprised how many still have and/or use rotary phones in their homes. 
Quote from: bellsystemproperty on December 30, 2009, 08:48:40 PM
WOW!!! Great phones!  :o :o :o
I'm amazed at those colored 302's you've amassed. And I thought my hoard of rotary phones was big. Now when my mom says I have too many phones I can show her your collection.  :D This "hobby" really turns out into an obsession or "lifestyle" I'd call it. People do seem surprised that the phones still work, or at least most of them. we have a vacation home in Palm Springs and yesterday the GTE Verizon guy came to install phone service. After they install the phone they usually come inside and dial the household phone to test that everything works. I made sure my 500 was plugged in to see his reaction. (yeah I know I should be using AE phones here but I love my AE80 too much to leave in PS all alone) He wasn't surprised at all! All he said was that they are good phones. Maybe more people are still using rotary phones than we realize. While I do love the listservs, this forum has a much better interface and lets you directly post pictures.
- Tom

Greg G.

Quote from: Kidphone on December 29, 2009, 06:19:44 PM
Sorry folks...I could only get one per email....Kidphone

Awesome phone collection, and they all look to be in excellent condition.  Do you refurbish them yourself?  

You can get more than one pic per post by clicking on "(more attachments)" next to the browse button.  You can post 6 pics per post.

I'm curious about this one, it looks like an E1 style handset with a dial in the middle?

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dan/Panther on December 31, 2009, 03:03:35 PM
Kidphone;
Speaking of Red 302, this past September I finally got my Red 302. Since then I've seen two of them sell for under $500.00, one was in excellent shape, mine is also in near new condition, but I paid way more than $500.00 for it.
I still think I didn't get burned too bad, but then I should have waited a few months.
D/P

D/P....I was fortunate to get mine. Last November I bid on one that was in mis-advertised in Electronics on eBay. I bid at the last second, but was outbid, but it did not make reserve. I was given a second chance offer! I was speechless (for me, no an easy thing). I paypaled it right away, even getting a 20% electronics coupon from eBay to boot. I got the phone and was thrilled with it. I asked the Lady why she gave me the second chance and not the high bidder. Feedback! So it does make a difference. For the price I purchased it, I should have had on a mask with a gun. Below picture is how i received it! I just wiped the phone off and recurled the handset cord. It looks brand new with the exception of the quarter size chip in the back. ....Kidphone
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Congratulations on that red 302, Doug.  Wow.  That's the kind of deal I'd like to run into.  Sometimes we win and sometimes we don't.  I have decided that my next focus will be trying to get the colored 302's.  But I'm going to have to buy the ones with damage cause I can't afford the big bucks for one.  I do have a nice one in Old Rose.  Mark Scola repaired the corner for me but it looks great and I'm happy to have it.  I see Green and Red the most on eBay.  Maybe I'll find a blue one at the flea market next summer.  :)

Doug Rose

Quote from: Brinybay on December 31, 2009, 03:40:58 PM
Quote from: Kidphone on December 29, 2009, 06:19:44 PM
Sorry folks...I could only get one per email....Kidphone

I'm curious about this one, it looks like an E1 style handset with a dial in the middle?

Its a butt set/test set. From the what was Czechoslovakia...Kidphone
Kidphone