News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1945 Black Bakelite Telephone Phillips Electrical Rotary Phone - $100

Started by AE_Collector, June 02, 2018, 12:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

I frequently find listings for phones entertaining for various reasons. This one has a price that while on the high side for an unrestored AE40 slowly reveals more and more problems.

At first view, not too bad but you need to budget for a new (missing) rubber ring and speaking of rings, you're going to need one for the number card as well.

Oops, a little "owie" in the usual spot on these, below the Dial... that devalues it a little...well, actually A LOT. Transmitter cap is in "restored" condition at least.

Unfortunately (?) this phone has "tested Positive for Bakelite". Has the family been informed? I had that once, a bugger to clear up.

Next sentence says IT HASN'T BEEN TESTED... I guess OTHER than for Bakelite presumably. I'm no expert but I'm putting my money on it NOT WORKING :( Two base cords are better than one? What is that, a piece of coax...shielded Belden? Generally I think the spade tips look better INSIDE the base.

Terry

1945 Black Bakelite Telephone Phillips Electrical Rotary Phone - $100

A 1945 bakelite rotary phone by Phillips Electrical. Comes with the chords attached (see all photos). There is a crack on the handset and on the base (see photo #5 and #6). I believe it's an AE40 Monophone. The base and handset have tested positive for bakelite.

Sold as is and has not been tested.

Great retro piece to display, use for home decor or theatre prop.

Measurements: base -- 19 cm X 13 cm and 12 cm high (including handset)

Pourme

~

Ha!

"The base and handset have tested positive for bakelite."

My favorite 'EBAY seller phrase' of the month so far!

But it's early!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AE_Collector

Quote from: Pourme on June 02, 2018, 12:41:02 PM
"The base and handset have tested positive for bakelite."

My favorite 'EBAY seller phrase' of the month so far!

But it's early!

Yes you've got all month to bump that one out of top spot for Best EBay Phrase of the Month. A great addition to ANY collection! Well maybe not if you collect cars or sewing machines or vacuume cleaners or tea cups or ....

Jester

Stephen