"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

W/E nickel plated 20-B, 329W candlestick with pony receiver

Started by Mizzy, March 29, 2017, 05:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mizzy

Hi new to the forum I was hoping someone might be able to answer my question:

I recently purchased a W/E nickel plated 20-B, 329W candlestick phone it all looks original but I notice on the base of the phone the usual Western Electric markings are not there, does anyone know if this sounds right ? 

Thanks,

Jim
Jim Misserville
Hampton, New Hampshire
ATCA # 3191

HarrySmith

Hi Jim, Welcome to the forum. Pictures of the phone would help identify it. Lots of pictures!!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Mizzy

Thanks Harry
Jim Misserville
Hampton, New Hampshire
ATCA # 3191

poplar1

Earliest 20-Bs had no writing on the base, but did have patent dates on the back of the "perch" where 20-B is stamped.
2nd version had "Western Electric Company" on the base, + patent dates as above
3rd version -- and all subsequent WE candlesticks -- had both the name and the patent dates on the base.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Mizzy

Jim Misserville
Hampton, New Hampshire
ATCA # 3191

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Mizzy

Jim Misserville
Hampton, New Hampshire
ATCA # 3191

Mizzy

Hi Tom, I noticed you were a past president of the ATCA, I was a member for a short while in the 90's joining in 1997, the young children years put me on hold when I moved from Massachusetts to New Hampshire. I printed out the membership form to rejoin and there is a question of prior membership and the membership number, do you know if I will be able to keep my old number.

Thanks,

Jim
Jim Misserville
Hampton, New Hampshire
ATCA # 3191

Jim Stettler

Jim,
They decided that your ATCA # is yours for life. Even when you aren't current.I am currently uncurrent. But I still reference my # at times.
JMO,
Jim S.

Jim Stettler
ATCA #1556
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Mizzy

Jim Misserville
Hampton, New Hampshire
ATCA # 3191

Doug Rose

Jim....welcome to the Forum, I'm glad you finally joined.  You will find a great group of knowledgeable guys and gals here.  David's opinion on your stick is spot on about the earlier sticks not being marked on the base, but on the back of the perch like yours is. It is a beauty!  See you soon....Doug

Kidphone

Sargeguy

Nice phone!  Everything appears to match! It does look renickeled but then again I have forund "survivors" that were pretty shiny, although those were 20-PCs and a little later than your phone.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409