News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I can't stay away from 10 button phones!!! 10 button multiline from Ebay

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, September 20, 2014, 11:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

In the past month or so, my affection for 10 button sets has grown immensely. I went from six of them (four 1500s, a 1702 and a 1554) to 9, with my latest purchase of a 1565 multiline. I've seen this one lurking around ebay for quite some time now, but never paid much attention to it.

I think people have skipped over this one before because it looks like the "pound" and "star" buttons were simply removed from a 12-button TT pad. But if you look closely, the edges around where the buttons would rest aren't there. After reading Paul Fs site, I think this was a 1967-68 10 button pad that was designed to encorporate those buttons when they became available in the late '60s (described here: http://paul-f.com/we25up.htm). Now that I have a 1500 2-line in the making, I thought it would be interesting to have another 10 button business set! It'll need some work, but that's what part of the fun is! ;)

For $24.95, I think it was a very fair deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121442255178
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

Looks like a good project, to be honest I had never seen that particular phone on eBay.

I wouldn't remove the 25 pair cable, because someday you'll find a key system to go with it.

And, if all else fails you can use the keypad for the 2 line set your working on.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on September 21, 2014, 12:15:47 AM
Looks like a good project, to be honest I had never seen that particular phone on eBay.

I wouldn't remove the 25 pair cable, because someday you'll find a key system to go with it.

And, if all else fails you can use the keypad for the 2 line set your working on.

Ben
I'll try to keep every original part here in it's place, so that 25 pair cable is staying. ( this is actually my first multiline that has the original cable, the rest I have were all converted for home use).

I'm not too worried, but you're right, if the worst case scenario happens, I spent $24 for a 10 button pad and a spare multiline chassis.
Christian Petterson

paul-f

Nice find, Christian.

I also enjoy the 1500-series sets.  In the relatively early days of my site, finding my first convertible 25-type dial was a surprise, and prompted putting up the reference page.  That was before BSPs were readily available on-line and many collectors hadn't noticed these dials.

Thanks for reminding me about that page.  When I put it up in 2002 I had intended to add more photos.  In the years since then, I have put up relevant photos on other site pages, but didn't add them to this page -- until today.

http://paul-f.com/we25up.htm

Better late then never.  ;)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

WEBellSystemChristian

I just can't stop buying 10 buttons, can I? ;D

www.ebay.com/itm/331327036342

Forgot to mention, it was $14.99 BiN.
Christian Petterson

WEBellSystemChristian

I got the multiline today, and I removed the refurb stickers on the bottom (they were to faded to read), and the date is 2-64! The plastics are dated 1977, although I will keep them where they are because they're in very nice shape.

Not bad for $24!
Christian Petterson

kleinkaliber

Lately for me it's been any hardwired push button, whether it's 10 or 12 button.