News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy Birthday Jonathan (jsowers)

Started by Dennis Markham, August 20, 2010, 09:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Happy Birthday, Jonathan!  I hope that your day is a good one with many more birthdays ahead of you.  Maybe it's a good day to get that birthday phone out and dust it off.

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

bingster

Many happy returns of the day to you, Jonathan.
= DARRIN =

bwanna

very best wishes to you on your birthday, jonathan! here's to a year filled with happiness, health & vintage phones.  ;)
donna

McHeath

Have a happy birth day!  Maybe a rare phone will appear in your home as a result. 

Craig T

Happy Birthday Jonathan!

Jester

Best wishes on your birthday, Jonathan.
Stephen

jsowers

Thanks for the birthday greetings! I celebrated some today with some friends from work and yesterday with the family. My mom even found a red hard-wired WE 500 set to give me, among other things.

I also have a nice birthday phone, but it's not finished. It came courtesy of Dennis Markham several months ago. It was a one-of-a-kind gift from one of the most generous people I've ever met. A black soft plastic 554 with the date I was born stamped on the housing. 8  20  58  1. Now what are the odds of that happening?

I finally found the pictures of the phone. Below is the date and another one of the entire phone. Thanks, Dennis!
Jonathan

Dennis Markham

Thank you, Jonathan.  I don't know about the most generous guy thing, but thank you.  I just happen to have those photos right here.  As they say, this phone is in "as removed from service" condition....or worse.

Jonathan posted a couple shots while I was putting my photos together.  Here are additional photos of his birthday phone.

Dennis Markham

A couple more.  You'll notice the dial date of 9-58.  I'm guessing it was assembled in early September.  The T1 transmitter and U1 receiver dates are close to the 8-20-58 date.

Looks like Jonathan has his work cut out for him cleaning this one!

jsowers

Dennis, I think our pictures crossed somewhere over Albakoiky, as Bugs Bunny used to say. I originally posted that I couldn't find my pictures and then modified my post when I found them. That was because I was searching for 8-58 and it had the day in there too. Thanks for posting them all, since I couldn't do that on dialup. It's like pouring a drink through a straw!

I do have my work cut out for me. There's a label on the handset too. It should shine up just fine, though. I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks again.
Jonathan

Dennis Markham

That was a quick year!  Time to wish Jonathan "jsowers" a Happy Birthday greeting once again.

How's the "birthday" phone coming along?  :)

Hope your 2011 birthday is a great one.  See you right back here next year. 

Happy Birthday, Jonathan!

old_phone_man

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS

jsowers

Dennis, I'm one year older and the phone still looks the same. It's still in my bedroom unfinished and showing every bit of its 53 years. Unlike me and my birthday phone, the day is young and I may just get to that phone today. Thanks for the birthday wishes! It was a very quick year.
Jonathan

dsk