News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Fun Idea

Started by HarrySmith, June 26, 2010, 10:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I have an idea for a fun sort of thing to do as a group. Actually it is not my idea but I want to adapt it to our group. A friend of mine is an active member at a Chevy Truck Forum and they have been doing this since the beginning of the year. They are sending their "mascot" which is a rubber chicken, from member to member. Each member has it for 3 days, has to sign it, take pictures with it to submit, save the shipping label and send it on to the next person on the list. In the end there will be a prize for the best picture. The chicken has been to Europe, Canada and all over the US. I thought it would be a fun thing to do with something phone related. It will need to be something light so shipping is cheap, something that can be signed and something obviously telephone related in a picture. A phone would be too heavy for shipping, a phone case might work. I have 2 copies of the 1976 "Telephone Story" poster, I would be willing to use one of them. It will be light & small enough, can be shipped cheaply via Media Mail and can be signed on the back. If you have another idea let's hear it. If you like this idea let's discuss it further and get it going!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

McHeath

I'm game.  I agree that it has to be light weight so that shipping does not become a burden.  The old Western Electric poster of phones is a good idea as it fits that bill and can be signed by all. 

JorgeAmely

Harry:

Pencil me in.
Jorge

Dennis Markham

Me too, Harry.  I'd be glad to join in on this venture.

Dan/Panther

I'm game.
I was hoping it was going to be a 49-500, and it was to be sent to me first.... ::)

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

HarrySmith

Alright, Cool! We have some interest so I will begin the process of setting this up. Once everything is worked out we will post a thread to get it started! This should be interesting and fun!
Thanks for the participation!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Russ Kirk

Add me to the list.
Great Idea!

Russ...
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

bwanna

donna

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

teka-bb

=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

Dan/Panther

Quote from: JorgeAmely on June 27, 2010, 10:37:27 PM
Harry:

Pencil me in.

Jorge;
Sorry.
It must be Black or Dark Blue ink..

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

jorge, i am happy to see that i am not the only one he picks on  :D
donna

JorgeAmely

Quote from: bwanna on June 29, 2010, 07:29:44 PM
jorge, i am happy to see that i am not the only one he picks on  :D

Donna: It comes with the territory. When you own a 1948 500, you are allowed to pick on other people.
Jorge

bwanna

oh, i thought it was an age thing ;)
donna