News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE Wiring Diagram

Started by HarrySmith, July 04, 2010, 08:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I recently aquired my first AE 80. I got it because of the Green color, my first thought was it would look awesome with a black dial & handset. I took it apart today and inside the shell I found this card. Is this standard? Do they all have this inside? I also thought the Addendum about colors was strange!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

JorgeAmely

Harry:

The older AE80s had the schematic card tucked in the housing. It matches the color of your set and it indicates that it was shipped without a ringer, to perhaps have it installed later by the local phone company or maybe used as an extension.

I think sometime in 1958 AE changed the color standard of the handset wires, that's why they have a reminder on the card.

Jorge

Greg G.

Quote from: JorgeAmely on July 04, 2010, 08:53:46 PM

I think sometime in 1958 AE changed the color standard of the handset wires, that's why they have a reminder on the card.

Just think what fun it would have been if they changed the wire colors to:

WHITE FOR BLACK
OFF-WHITE FOR RED
EGGSHELL FOR WHITE
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Quote from: Brinybay on July 08, 2010, 05:06:04 AM
Just think what fun it would have been if they changed the wire colors to:

WHITE FOR BLACK
OFF-WHITE FOR RED
EGGSHELL FOR WHITE

Eggshell hadn't been invented then! ...Maybe CLassic Ivory or how about Antique White? Actually in AE colors, Antique White REPLACED Classic Ivory in about 1975 or so (when the 80E's replaced the 80's).

Terry