News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Looking for YouTubes

Started by Victor Laszlo, July 22, 2017, 05:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Laszlo

Over the past few years, a young man named Ben posted a series of YouTube videos demonstrating the various phones in his collection.  I just tried to find them, to show a typical 565HK to a friend, and I can't seem to bring them up. Anyone know what happened to Ben and his phone videos?

TelePlay

Only two larges or contributing members with "ben" in their handle and only one has a lot of YouTube videos.

To see his, go into YouTube and in the top search box, put exactly this --->      Ben's Collection and Sundry      <---  and hit the search button, the magnifying glass.

About a dozen phone related videos come up for WesternElectricBen and his YouTube handle is "Ben's Collection and Sundry"

I did not see any key phones on the screen but I know he was into key phones and has more than one.

Good looking!

This link may work for you, save you time getting in and searching.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ben%27s+Collection+and+Sundry

About a minute into this video he plays with several 565's but not in real time. Watch to see what I mean

https://youtu.be/I-prJlxW9-k

(PS: the forum search functions do work well with usage experience and patience)

Victor Laszlo

Thanks. I am aware of Ben's Collection and Sundry. That's where I looked first. The older videos I remember are no longer available, I guess.

TelePlay

Quote from: Victor Laszlo on July 22, 2017, 05:41:27 PM
Thanks. I am aware of Ben's Collection and Sundry. That's where I looked first. The older videos I remember are no longer available, I guess.

Yes, some YouTube videos go away due to account changes, deletion, etc.

Was that the ben you were looking for? benhutcherson posted 5 replies with links to YouTube videos but none of those were about phones.

WEBen and BenH were the only two ben's that showed up in a member search. Maybe his handle was different that "ben" and his name was Ben and that would be hard to find. BenH hasn't logged into the forum in about 3 years.

Thought I had it for you. Unless someone has an actual memory of the video you seek, it may be impossible to find.

Dan/Panther

Did anyone attempt to contact Ben, and ask him to forward the video's ?
D/P
I just sent an email requesting the videos.

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Alex G. Bell

Quote from: Dan/Panther on July 23, 2017, 11:14:17 AM
Did anyone attempt to contact Ben, and ask him to forward the video's ?
D/P
I just sent an email requesting the videos.
I think there is an underlying assumption here that may not be valid.

The original question was: "Over the past few years, a young man named Ben posted a series of YouTube videos demonstrating the various phones in his collection.  I just tried to find them, to show a typical 565HK to a friend, and I can't seem to bring them up. Anyone know what happened to Ben and his phone videos?"

The replies have assumed that the Ben mentioned is a CRPF member.  That may or may not be the case.  He could be some other Ben who isn't and never was a CRPF member.  As I understand the original question, it asked whether anyone knew who he was, which someone might even if he was not a CRPF member.

TelePlay

Quote from: Alex G. Bell on July 23, 2017, 03:37:22 PM
I think there is an underlying assumption here that may not be valid.

The original question was: "Over the past few years, a young man named Ben posted a series of YouTube videos demonstrating the various phones in his collection.  I just tried to find them, to show a typical 565HK to a friend, and I can't seem to bring them up. Anyone know what happened to Ben and his phone videos?"

The replies have assumed that the Ben mentioned is a CRPF member.  That may or may not be the case.  He could be some other Ben who isn't and never was a CRPF member.  As I understand the original question, it asked whether anyone knew who he was, which someone might even if he was not a CRPF member.

Ha! Yes, you are right, we who have been here for years all think of WesternElectricBen as Ben with the key phones.

But then a search of YouTube doesn't come up with anything by a "ben" either.

Hows this for an example or did you want something more technical (not by ben)

https://youtu.be/cRoorjXwLDo

Victor Laszlo

Dan/Panther

I emailed Ben H, and asked if he still had the original files, and if he could forward them to me.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

LM Ericsson

I am subscribed to him on Youtube. He has deleted quite a few videos on his channel and hasn't done anything on there for a few years.
Regards,
-Grayson

WesternElectricBen

Hi all,

Yes, this (https://www.youtube.com/user/RetroVintageItems27/featured) is my channel. I have not actually deleted any of the videos; however, they are private. If there is a specific video you would like to see, just DM me and I can send it to you.

Actually, I plan to make new videos of some-most of my collection.

Ben