News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Northwest show, Seattle Washington 2014, May 31

Started by Phonesrfun, March 07, 2014, 12:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Hey, this year's show will be in Seattle on May 31st, which is the week after Memorial Day.

Here is the announcement:

-Bill G

Phonesrfun

Don't forget the Seattle Phone Show May 31st.  Only two months until the show!

Thanks.
-Bill G

Greg G.

I plan to be there.  I will have a working Panasonic 308 for sale for $40.  No, do not want to ship, sorry.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Now we are down to less than a month!  Time goes by quickly.  Tonight I have been busy sending emails and posting in various forums to remind people of the show.  For those of you planning on attending, we have a lot of really good "stuff" that people are planning to bring.  Table registration is GREAT, and the good new is we still have tables left.  $10.00 in advance for a table (includes admission), or $5.00 each general admission at the door.

As usual, I understand we are going to have some great displays too.

Please contact me if you are interested or read my post from March 6th in this thread that has all the information. 
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

Update on the Seattle show:

Tables are almost sold out.  Ours is a pretty small show by national standards, but we are gaining momentum.  This year we are nearly sold out and I only have the ability to sell about 5 more tables.  We have a week and a half left, so anyone who is planning on selling at the Seattle show who has not already contacted me to either pay for or reserve a table, please contact me via email very soon.

Now, what we need are buyers!!  Anyone who is reading this, including guests to this forum, are invited to come to the show if you are in the vacinity on May 31st.  Here is a link to the Craigs List announcement:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/eve/4465130239.html ( dead link 04-21-21 )

Happy hunting, and I hope to see you there.

-Bill G

Phonesrfun

One avid Northwest Collector, Mark Peterson is bringing a BUNCH of stuff.  He has 4 tables plus a display table reserved.  Here is a list of what he tells us he is bringing:

Pay Phones / Pay stations               
1.A.E. 96E-10
2.W.E. 233 -G green
3.W.E. 233-G black
4.A.E. 82-55 chrome
5.A.E. 82-55 beige mint
6. W.E. 191-G
7.W.E./Gray 174-G
8. Gray manufacturing 150-GJ

Wall phones
1. Strowger 11 digit dial wall
2. Early Stromberberg coffee grinder two box walnut
3. Early Stromberg triplett two box
4. Stromberg 4 bar two boxer
5. Late Stromberg two boxer
6. W.E. Walnut type 21 two boxer
7. W.E. 293 compact oak wall
8. Kellogg early small wall oak
9. W.E. 301 fiddleback walnut
and many other project wall phones

Candlesticks
1. Kellogg nickel
2. Tri-state nickel
3.  1905 Stromberg raised face plate
4. Type 22 / 20-B Hershey kiss ost rec.
5. W.E. 20- B
6. W.E. 20-B
7.A.E. NON DIAL
8. Kellogg black
9.Wonder Phone on Leich
10. Wonderphone on W.E.
11.W.E. 40-AL

Desk sets
202's
A.E. 34's
Leich magneto
A.E. 40's

Intercoms
range from metal to early steer horn versions

Cast iron call boxes and Fire Telegraph boxes-early pre 1928 Harrington Signal with eagle on front

transmitters
receivers
mouth pieces
cords
transmitter arms and mounts
magnetos
payphone/paystation parts uppers,lowers,back boards etc.
dials
signs
telephone catalogs
telephone tools
ringer boxes
etc.etc.etc.

And of course, that is one collector.  There will be several others with lots and lots of phones and parts.  Some have lots of stuff to sell and some have only a few items.  Some only want one or two items, but when we all get there, we may find that we cannot stop.

One collector is looking for a cover for a 684 subset, for instance.

So, come one and come all to Seattle, May 31st  Set up time is now 7:30 for those who have tables.  Showtime is 8:00 to 1:00 pm
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

It was a great show!  We filled the hall with 30 tables and it was end-to-end tables.  The room is normally set up to take 20 tables but we got 30 plus a couple that I brought from home.

I really think everyone had a great time.  There was a LOT of stuff there and lots of good great phones.

We had a couple people from as far away as MA and IL that came because they were "in the neighborhood" and dropped by. 

Here is a link to the album for this year's show in Flickr.  If this link does not work for some reason, please let me know.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/williamgeurts/sets/72157644576157230

-Bill

-Bill G

WesternElectricBen

Looked like a nice turn out, well done organizing the show.

Ben

Greg G.

Thoroughly enjoyed the show!  Next year I'll get a guaranteed day off so I don't have to skedaddle out of there to go to work.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Here is a link to another set of pictures of the Seattle Show, courtesy of Rob Baxter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/williamgeurts/sets/72157644738225938/

-Bill G

dsk

Looks really nice.

;) As a collector It seems like I'm living in the wrong country, or even the wrong continent!

That's right, I'm not collecting, just having fun with those old things popping up at home ;D

I guess if I plan for holidays in the USA at a show like that, I probably have to plan for a new wife to :P

dsk

Phonesrfun

The problem we have is that the US is very large and there are only, say, 10 or 12 shows a year or fewer.  That makes it hard for many to attend.  Because I live in a small town, I have to drive 4.5 hours to attend my own show in Seattle.
-Bill G