News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Any idea what this is?

Started by Dave, March 07, 2018, 10:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Harlow

Yes, considering the 202 needed work, as did the magneto box. There are plenty of D1 phones to be had, it's worth the wait to find it at the right price.
Butch Harlow

Sargeguy

If it's any consolation, I was trying to sell a D-1 with 4-H dial E-1 handset with the correct subset in working condition for $150 and received no offers.  $225 would have been way too much for that phone
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Babybearjs

I see there is a 101A induction coil in yours, did you add that, or did it come that way? I wanted to add in in mine, but wasn't sure where to put it...
John

Dave

Here's part of the wording of the listing.

"It's lot contains 3 telephones one is a vintage Crank phone, but it does not have the handle or the part you speaking. The second is an old rotary phone and the third is a black push-button telephone."

Incorrect word choices aside, I suspect the seller didn't have any idea what the subset was. He probably really did think it was a phone that was missing parts. I knew it wasn't a phone, but I wasn't sure so I asked you guys. I think it's highly likely the buyer thought he was getting 3 telephones and that's what he paid for. Oops!