News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Brimfield Last Week

Started by Doug Rose, September 04, 2018, 08:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Late soft plastic Light Blue 500 set 10 7 59. Very strange fading on this. Cords and dial bezel are still perfect as is the cap under the lift, the rest is now a greenish blue. All dates 10/6, 10/7 or 10/8/59...Doug
Kidphone

tubaman

That AE stick is a real beauty - you did well there.
:)

19and41

I see you're latching onto the Tymeters also.  Do they run? :D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

Quote from: tubaman on September 08, 2019, 08:16:33 AM
That AE stick is a real beauty - you did well there.
:)
I am trying to cut down on what I buy as I don't sell as much since I left selling on eBay. Very happy with the stick, it is for my collection....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: 19and41 on September 08, 2019, 08:32:55 AM
I always loved these clocks. I had one that finally died. I bought these from a clock collector who I had bought phones from in the past. He said they run, I haven't had time or the space to check them out.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

My apologies for any confusion on his post, the AE stick was a keeper for me and the other two phones had already been sold. My bad.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: 19and41 on September 08, 2019, 08:32:55 AM
I am on vacation this week and I  have plugged in both clocks. They have been running about 5 hours and are keeping time. Jan found a cracked case one this weekend and it runs silently. These two while not noisy, do make a little noise. I tried the obvious place to oil but it did no good.  It is not a loud noise, but in a quiet room with no music. you hear it. Any ideas or is it just the way it is....thanks....pics will follow tomorrow ....Doug
Kidphone

19and41

I've always wanted one, but I'm unfamiliar with their mechanisms.  I belong to another forum that might be of help to you.  There is a member there that has restored one recently.  Here is the forum.  http://www.telechron.net/forager/
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

Both clocks have been running for over a day and there are no issues. Ivory clock makes a little noise, the Brown is almost silent.

Case are in very nice condition. They are tenite.

K will post pics of them in a separate post...thanks...Doug
Kidphone

19and41

AC powered clocks always seem to be noisy after starting them up after a long rest. 
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

Sad to say, because of the Covid 19 Virus there will be no Fall Brimfield show this year. All shows were cancelled this year.

This is such a great venue for Collectors. It takes a full day to walk it, but it is just so much fun and there are treasures to be found.

Hopefully Brimfield will be back next year...Doug
Kidphone