News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Soviet Phone That Never Was

Started by LarryInMichigan, February 25, 2014, 05:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

More than a month ago, I (thought I) bought this Soviet phone for $1.25 plus $30 shipping:
ebay link( dead link 03-04-22 )

I asked the seller two or three times to send me the tracking number after they claimed that it was shipped, but I never received any response.  This evening, I opened a case on ebay, and very shortly afterward I received a full refund from Western Bid, Inc. (sales@westernbid.com).  I am left wondering what has happened here.  Western Bid, Inc. is apparently some sort of agent for sellers in Ukraine, and it looks like the plan is for the Ukrainian seller to ship to an address in Minnesota, and it is then forwarded to the buyer, I think.  Has the ebay seller or Western Bid been taking me for a ride for the past month?  Has anyone here had experience with this?  I rather wanted the phone, but at least I am not out any money now, just plenty of time and aggravation.

Larry

Matilo Telephones

Well they did have a spot of unrest in the Ukraine, the last couple of weeks. Perhaps you missed it.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Sargeguy

spot of unrest indeed:
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

It looks like the government has been overthrown.  Now comes the hard part!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Nick in Manitou

Whoa!!  That photo of the policeman with the flames on his back...!!!  No matter which side one might be rooting for, that is a startling photograph!  The others of his group look as though they have their shields up blocking openings in the wall, so it would be difficult for them to assist without giving the opposition an opportunity to come through, but you can't just stand by and watch while your team member roasts!

I have been following the events via the radio...I don't tend to watch TV.

Amazing photo.  I hope that things remain calm over there, though they have a long way to go from where they are at the moment.

Sorry to go off topic, but...Wow!

Nick

rdelius

I used Western Bid many times to buy Ebay items from ex Soviet states. Had no problems.Postage can be slow though

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: rdelius on February 25, 2014, 10:13:19 PM
I used Western Bid many times to buy Ebay items from ex Soviet states. Had no problems.Postage can be slow though

It has been about four weeks since the seller claimed to have shipped the phone.  I wonder if it might actually still be on the way.  I am curious as to why my money was refunded without any argument almost immediately after I opened a case.  If the phone does eventually arrive, I would want to pay the seller for it.

Were the items you bought shipped to you from a USA or Ukrainian address?

Larry

rdelius

Do not remember what ex Soviet states they were -Latvia? and Russia  but it took a while.The money went to Western Bid and they contacted the seller that they had the money  then the items were shipped. It took several weeks. I have the same telephone in red. Manufactured in 1968 if I remember correctly