News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A couple of T&N telephones.

Started by wds, October 28, 2013, 06:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

The first one is an E3 with matching dates, only 2 months from being my birthday phone.  The second one I don't know what the model # is, and looks like it might be NOS.  

First picture is a before shot of the E3.  Both phones have an odd shape to them.
Dave

wds

couple more
Dave

LarryInMichigan

What an amazing transformation on the E3!  If I had known that it could look so good, I would have bought it.  The other one I have already :)

Larry

wds

Dave

wds

If you remember, that is the phone where the seller was charging too much for shipping, but promised to refund the overage?  Well, I'm still waiting..............
Dave

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: wds on October 29, 2013, 11:20:31 AM
If you remember, that is the phone where the seller was charging too much for shipping, but promised to refund the overage?  Well, I'm still waiting..............

I remember that the quoted shipping charge was $25, but I didn't notice a promise to refund the overage.  If the original stated shipping charge has been reasonable, you would be looking at my pictures of this phone, and it wouldn't look half as good.

Larry

wds

"Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding the purchase. I will ship to the lower 48 states; no buyers out of the US please. Please be sure you want to purchase; absolutely no returns will be accepted. Paypal is the only accepted means of payment, and payment must be received 24 hours after auction is completed. I will charge a flat-rate for shipping and will reimburse any overages in order to be fair on the shipping price. I reserve the right to end the auction prematurely."

I guess he didn't say "when" he would make the refund.
Dave

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: wds on October 29, 2013, 11:39:16 AM
"Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding the purchase. I will ship to the lower 48 states; no buyers out of the US please. Please be sure you want to purchase; absolutely no returns will be accepted. Paypal is the only accepted means of payment, and payment must be received 24 hours after auction is completed. I will charge a flat-rate for shipping and will reimburse any overages in order to be fair on the shipping price. I reserve the right to end the auction prematurely."

I guess he didn't say "when" he would make the refund.

I prefer to avoid seller who state many conditions and restrictions.  To me, it looks like they are adopting a confrontational attitude from the start. 

If you haven't yet left feedback, you could hint to the seller that your feedback may be less than positive if he doesn't refund the excess shipping charge very soon.

Larry

wds

I had to send him a firm email about the refund - so I finally got it, but he charged me $6 on top of the postage for a used box and about 2 feet of bubble wrap. 
Dave

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: wds on November 01, 2013, 10:17:52 AM
I had to send him a firm email about the refund - so I finally got it, but he charged me $6 on top of the postage for a used box and about 2 feet of bubble wrap. 

I will sell you a used box and two feet of bubble wrap for only $5 :D

Larry

DavePEI

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on November 01, 2013, 10:29:45 AM
Quote from: wds on November 01, 2013, 10:17:52 AM

I will sell you a used box and two feet of bubble wrap for only $5 :D

Larry
Don't forget the $25 shipping charge, Larry!  ;)
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

But oh no, now you are going to need more bubble wrap and ANOTHER box to ship it in...

Anyone have these items available to sell to Larry so he can ship his to Dave? If so, be sure to pack them well.

Terry