Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

Can a regular 500 set be wired for a  non ringing intercom
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Jim Stettler

yes,
You just need "talk battery" for the talk path. For talk battery you can use 2 flashlight batteries in a holder. I have rigged these up for kids in the past. I usually put the battery holder  in a modular  phone that is missing a ringer.

That way you can use any length  mod cord to connect up another set.

Another route is to put the battery holder in an electrical back box and hook up a modular jack with 2 jacks. This way you can connect any 2 phones for an intercom or to check the sound TT tones.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Kenny C

what do you mean a holder
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

LarryInMichigan

Kenny C

I am gonna run up to radio shack and pick up one I will be back in a bit you guys will have to tell me how to put it together
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan/Panther

I bought this little gadget recently with the intentions of having a touch tone pad for my dial phones, but I got one of those hand held jobbers, That works so-so. How can I wire this thing to tone into my line when needed.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on April 21, 2010, 02:00:43 PM
I am gonna run up to radio shack and pick up one I will be back in a bit you guys will have to tell me how to put it together

While you are there buy a 3volt buzzer. You can use it with the battery pack and build a continuity tester (which is a handy device).
Jim
You live, You learn,

Kenny C

i just need two battery holders to do the inter com
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

LarryInMichigan

D/P,

I don't know how to connect that gadget to your phone, but whatever you do, DON'T over-tighten the screws ;D

paul-f

Unless Northern did something unusual to the adjunct, BSP 501-164-130 should help with connection info.  I don't see any copies on-line with a quick search.  Issue 1 is 22 pages -- mostly large fold-out drawings, so I won't be scanning the whole thing any time soon.   I will scan the generic connection diagram, which should help for a 500 set.

The connection requires a D14M cord, although 3 conductors seem to be unused, so you can be looking for 11 conductors while I fire up the scanner.

It would be entertaining if you connect it to the D- set for the conference call  -- although you may want to try it with a later 500 set first.   ;)

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on April 21, 2010, 02:10:50 PM
i just need two battery holders to do the inter com

Kenny,
You just need 1 holder for your intercom.
Jim
You live, You learn,

paul-f

An extract of the WE version of the dial adjunct (1035B3) is now posted here:
  http://sc.infc.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=1028&Itemid=2

Have fun!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

foots

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 21, 2010, 02:02:40 PM
I bought this little gadget recently with the intentions of having a touch tone pad for my dial phones, but I got one of those hand held jobbers, That works so-so. How can I wire this thing to tone into my line when needed.
D/P

Hey D/P, I found this on atcaonline a good while back and saved the link. I hope this helps.

http://atcaonline.com/ttpad.html

On second thought, why don't you just send it to me and I'll take a look at it for you and maybe get back to you in about 10 years or so.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"