"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Guy - MyDodgeDip

Started by MyDodgeDip, March 27, 2012, 07:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyDodgeDip

Hey All,

I'm new so I figured I'd do an intro.  I'm Luke, I'm from Central NJ.  I'm a prop man for theater and film.  I manage a Prop Rental House in central NJ.   I pretty much collect a little of everything but I've always been into phones.  I've got a small pile at home and tons that we rent at the warehouse.  I'm always on the lookout for more to add to both my collection and the work horde.  I'm also (Sadly..) always repairing the ones at work since they tend to take a beating while getting their 5 minutes of fame.  I also collect Mopar cars, my current oldest is a 1978 Chrysler LeBaron coupe.  

Any other NJ guys here?

-Luke

AE_Collector

Hi and welcome Luke!

There probably are others here from NJ, not me though. Other side of the continent AND and other country too. Vancouver Canada.

Also there is at least one other guy on here involved in plays and phones for the plays. Can't recall, is it "Teleplay" maybe. I'm sure you will hear from him soon.

Terry

Nilsog

Welcome! I'm from Maine, so not that far away. I work with a couple guys from NJ though, Wallington, I think.
Ken

twocvbloke

Hi, when I signed up here, I was told to run away as soon as possible, cos one phone multiplies into several, but, I think you've already for the several phones, so it's too late!!! :D

I'd say you should up the deposits on your prop phones a little, so the renters don't treat them badly to get their money back when they return them, I know I would... ;)

MyDodgeDip

Quote from: twocvbloke on March 27, 2012, 11:03:21 PM
Hi, when I signed up here, I was told to run away as soon as possible, cos one phone multiplies into several, but, I think you've already for the several phones, so it's too late!!! :D

I'd say you should up the deposits on your prop phones a little, so the renters don't treat them badly to get their money back when they return them, I know I would... ;)

I'm definitely beyond saving  :D

I raised the replacement/rental costs on them when I got there.   :D  We also charge a mandatory damage waiver that covers accidental damage (It's inevitable when working with actors...  ;D).   It doesn't cover people packing phones in a box poorly, we charge for damage due to lack of common sense. 

canuckphoneguy

Welcome to the forum! I'm new to this hobby too. I didn't run away either when I joined - now I think I have over 10 phones.

It's a lot of fun learning about the history of so many great phones and there's lots of great people on this forum!

liteamorn

Hi Luke !

Central Jersey here, Ocean County!  Maybe some day we can get together and ogle phones! I lived most of my life in Matawan, a little North of here.

WELCOME !
Ed