News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Doug Rose's Amazing Telephone Collection!

Started by Doug Rose, February 07, 2010, 02:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Quote from: Russ Kirk on December 02, 2014, 08:50:40 PM
Looks great, my avatar and I like the Basset Hound on the chair.
Hey Russ.....Its a Hush Puppie  advertisement from days gone by. Marked on the bottom foot....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

I bet the Hush Puppy landed in the chair just before the pictures. Prior to that Doug probably made frequent use of the chair. And thank heavens for alcohol eh Doug?!

Terry

Greg G.

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 02, 2014, 08:22:31 PM
The new carpeting is in!! The new shelves are up and the Phone Room is ready for "today." After 8 Hours I am beat. Just had a real hot shower and a good stiff drink. I am very happy with the end result (not finished). This was Five 8+ hour days to accomplish this. ....Kiddead

Ok Doug, just from the effort you described, I'm feeling like a lazy (beep).  Going to put some time in organizing my little corner.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

thanks guys, I can tell you for all that bending and lifting ....the thighs are killing me. Terry not enough of alcohol can kill this, plus its a school night....Doug
Kidphone

Tim Mc

What a job!  These photos are good to show my wife either how lucky she is since I'm nowhere near this level of collecting...

...or how bad it can get over the next decade or so.  Ha!  Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing Doug!

jeremiahdove

Very Impressive collection I would say. Truly appreciate the posting Doug. Thank you for allowing me to admire your beauties... :P  :P

Babybearjs

I hope you have plans for all this stuff when you pass on..... where does all this stuff wind up after you leave this life....
John

Fabius

Quote from: Babybearjs on January 14, 2015, 11:34:42 AM
I hope you have plans for all this stuff when you pass on..... where does all this stuff wind up after you leave this life....

No problem! I'm taking it with me.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Doug Rose

Quote from: Babybearjs on January 14, 2015, 11:34:42 AM
Yard Sale?
Kidphone

Babybearjs

oh that's going to be interesting when you get to the other side with all your "luggage"....
John

Dave203

I always get lost in your collection. So many wonderful phones and signs to look at. If I lived there I woundnt need cable tv. I'd just look at the walls all day  :D

Doug Rose

Hey Dave...thanks for the kind words....when the phone room had its reorg...the TV was removed. I took your advise....Doug
Kidphone

Matilo Telephones

Looks fantastic, Doug. What a job!

But ehm, did you not forget to put in a picture of that new flooring?  :D
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Doug Rose

Arwin....good to have you back. Here is the finished room....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose