News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Frustrated ... does Dial Gizmo still exist? Or is an X Link BTTN the best way to go?

Started by xtal_01, January 11, 2018, 12:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick in Manitou

I received the XLink BTTN a few days ago.  I updated its software to the most recent version.

Then I installed it with the feed coming out of our OOMA Tello unit going into the BTTN and a line from BTTN going into the wired phone jack in the room. The install was easy and it works!

I tried dialing out with the AE50 on the kitchen wall...and it worked. Then I called the home number from my cell phone and the AE50 rang well.

I will have to set up a few more old phones around the house now that we can dial out using the rotary dials again!

Thanks for the information to make it easier to be confident that this was going to work for us!

Nick

shadow67

Nick, where did you order it from and how long did it take? I ordered one on May 16 from the manufacturer's website, but it still has not shipped and I am not having much luck getting responses from emails and phone calls. Thanks

Nick in Manitou

I believe I ordered it on May 15th and it arrived on the 19th I believe.

I believe that I ordered it through this website: http://www.myxlink.com/xlink_bttn.aspx

I paid with PayPal and got an email from them almost immediately acknowledging the purchase and within 15 minutes of that received another email from PayPal with only a small amount of information, basically confirming the address that the seller was going to ship the unit to.

The email from PayPal said that if I had any questions about the shipment that I should contact: Support@xtremetechcorp.com

If you paid with PayPal and didn't get a confirmation about the purchase from them, I would assume that the order didn't go through and perhaps contact PayPal to see if that was the case.

Good Luck!
Nick

shadow67

I finally got hold of someone at xlink. My order went through but when I tried to track the shipping number I received it kept saying USPS was waiting to receive the item. Apparently they initially ship via UPS who hands off to USPS at some point. They could not determine what happened to the package so they are going to ship me one direct next day. Hopefully will get by end of the week. Thanks for the reply.

dsk

Quote from: shadow67 on May 23, 2018, 08:51:16 AM
I finally got hold of someone at xlink. My order went through but when I tried to track the shipping number I received it kept saying USPS was waiting to receive the item. Apparently they initially ship via UPS who hands off to USPS at some point. They could not determine what happened to the package so they are going to ship me one direct next day. Hopefully will get by end of the week. Thanks for the reply.

How did it turn out?

dsk

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

According to the manual, yes, but I have not useded it. Tried when I got one but had trouble with some phones, worked with others. 
dsk

PS fpor as long the link works, you may download the manual here: http://www.dialgizmo.com/manual.html
DS

19and41

Sorry, I should have said I was asking about the XLink.  I have a dialgizmo and it works on 1 to 0 on the dial and nothing more.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

Th dialgizmo prefere dial shorting the line when out of rest position, W.E 500 does not. 302 and SE does.

dsk

shadow67

After about ten days they shipped another one to me. Of course the next day the original order arrived. They wanted one back so I sent one. Been mostly happy with it. Hooked it to a 500 set and it dials out and receives fine. I think the sound quality could be a little better. Even with my iPhone sitting near the device it can be less than I expected. But maybe it is just my cellphone's Bluetooth.