News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 80 Turquoise!!!

Started by Devansphones, October 20, 2011, 09:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devansphones

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHECK THIS BEAUTY OUT!!! JUST GOT A BATH AND CORD RE-COILED BUT OTHER THAN 1 SCRATCH AND A LIL DUST SHE IS PERFECT!!! BY THE WAY........ $15
~Devan

AE_Collector

One of my favorite AE colors and one of the few "one word" AE colors...oh you are in Canada too so....colours. Turquoise is the official AE colour name of this one. Looks to be in good shape.

Terry

Devansphones

Sorry I'm in The US but we suck anyway so colours too you!!!
~Devan

AE_Collector

Quote from: Devansphones on October 20, 2011, 11:32:16 PM
Sorry I'm in The US but we suck anyway so colours too you!!!

Oopps, got you confused with someone else on here. So it is Turquoise in COLOR after all!

Terry

stub

Devansphones,
                        Nice phone !!!!!    stub
                    We're still waiting for a pic of another Canadian Turquoise phone that belongs to some  ::) body  ::) whom shall remain nameless!!!   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Devansphones

I had no idea my phone was canadian... it says made in usa on it??? i got no idea. Does anyone know what a "Magical automatic dialer" is ...I saw one at the store where I buy most of my phones and it is a little biege box with a standard dial and a little "MODE" button on it...I did not get a close look so I have no clue who makes it can someone post some pics so I can tell what it is and to see if I need to buy it or not?
~Devan

jsowers

They made the AE80 in both the US and Canada and the country it's made in is stamped on it, I feel sure.

Devansphones, what you saw was the adjunct dial to the Magicall Dialer. It has three pieces. I found a posting in the TCI archive on the Magicall and copied a portion of it which should appear below. They're from the 1970s, I think. The dial was for inputting the numbers to be stored in the dialer unit. Pretty high tech for the 1970s, but very large in size by today's standards.

Here is the link to the entire document...

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=523&Itemid=2
Jonathan

Devansphones

Must not be worth the money if it is only 1 piecde and my 80 was made in  northlake Illinois...
~Devan

AE_Collector

Quote from: stub1953 on October 21, 2011, 02:23:13 AM
We're still waiting for a pic of another Canadian Turquoise phone that belongs to some  ::) body  ::) whom shall remain nameless!!!   stub

Yes but that 80 has another "8" in front of the model number.

Terry

GG

Oh, and while we're editing for typos, the topic title has a pretty glaring one that'll make it hard to find the topic in searches.

it should be "turquoise" not "tirquoise."  Obvious how that happened, look where the U and I are on the keyboard. 

Is there any way to fix that? 

teka-bb

Hi GG,

It looks like Devansphones and  all that have responded have to change the spelling error.

Unless a moderator / the site owner can do it?
=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

AE_Collector

A moderator OR Devanphones can edit the original subject line spelling and all future posts will have the new spelling but existing replies will stay as is. It is worth doing though since the subject line will be corrected and that is the main thing when it comes to future searches.

As you can see though, we are each able to manipulate he subject line on our individual posts.

Terry

Dennis Markham

AE_Collector

Since the Dasa Corporation D2 "Magical Dialer" was mentioned, here's a picture of the main unit that the programming dial connects to to program in a number. It is attached to my Jade Green AE 880 Speakerphone.

Terry

Devansphones

I changed the itile, no worries
~Devan