News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Forum Monikers/Handles/Names

Started by Doug Rose, February 08, 2010, 12:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

In the summer of 2009 I'm sitting poolside on a very warm day enjoying a very cold adult beverage trying to think of a better name for a Twitter account I had opened earlier that year that I had yet to use, other than lurking around the Twitterverse, out of curiosity.

XM radio was blasting country music, this song came on...

http://tinyurl.com/l2pq4na

Immediately, my new Twitter name was born!

Pourme is my online name everywhere it is available when I enroll, except EBAY which predates my Twitter account.

On this forum, like others I feel comfortable revealing my given name as well. My Twitter experience has developed as well and my real name is commonly used in conversations.   

(My wife's Twitter name is PourmeMaw, my sister's is Poursis, I have a fictional Teddy Bear Twitter character named (@)PourTed.)

Benny "Pourme" Fry

*pic, PourTed poolside...
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

19and41

That is the nicest looking K-F I have seen and that boat and motor are great as well.  Wisconsin is beautiful country.  I got to spend a spring up there at Ft. McCoy on temporary duty while serving in the 1st. Infantry Division.  Thanks for sharing the great pictures!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

jsowers

Yes, I agree about the blue 1954 Kaiser Manhattan. It's gorgeous and something not often seen around these parts. I don't remember any Kaisers growing up and I'm eleven years older than K-F67. I do remember my dad saying my English teacher's husband owned one, and dad said "he drove a KAISER" like it was something special. Those cars were unique even when new. I particularly like how yours is bone stock too. I prefer my cars and my phones original. I've been called a purist and I guess it's true and I couldn't change if I wanted to. Seeing that Kaiser does my heart good, as they say. Thanks for posting the picture. The boat looks great too and especially behind the car. The taillights of that car are its best feature.
Jonathan

retromodder

I worry over internet security, as ive had my identity stolen in the past. So I never put down any valuable info online.

I love restorations, whether im working on a classic car, vintage tv, amplifier, radio, or a wood working project. I love to bring life back to old machines.  When something cant be restored, I enjoy modernizing it, or retro modding as its known. Thus I end up with things like early 50s tv sets with high def crt internals,  mid 50s style tube radio internals in 1920s radio cases, etc.  So basically if it cant be restored by me, i WILL be playing with it and modding it.

BTW, KaiserFrazer, thats a beautiful car. Thanks for posting. So few people have a love for these oddballs, i appreciate when i see someone whos into them.

KaiserFrazer67

Quote from: 19and41 on March 17, 2017, 09:03:24 AM
That is the nicest looking K-F I have seen and that boat and motor are great as well.  Wisconsin is beautiful country.  I got to spend a spring up there at Ft. McCoy on temporary duty while serving in the 1st. Infantry Division.  Thanks for sharing the great pictures!
Quote from: jsowers on March 17, 2017, 10:37:02 AM
Yes, I agree about the blue 1954 Kaiser Manhattan. It's gorgeous and something not often seen around these parts. I don't remember any Kaisers growing up and I'm eleven years older than K-F67. I do remember my dad saying my English teacher's husband owned one, and dad said "he drove a KAISER" like it was something special. Those cars were unique even when new. I particularly like how yours is bone stock too. I prefer my cars and my phones original. I've been called a purist and I guess it's true and I couldn't change if I wanted to. Seeing that Kaiser does my heart good, as they say. Thanks for posting the picture. The boat looks great too and especially behind the car. The taillights of that car are its best feature.
Quote from: retromodder on April 08, 2017, 03:17:44 PM
BTW, KaiserFrazer, thats a beautiful car. Thanks for posting. So few people have a love for these oddballs, i appreciate when i see someone whos into them.
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words!  :)  8)
-Tom from Oakfield, Wisconsin --  My CO CLLI & switch: OKFDWIXADS0--GTD-5 EAX

"Problems are merely opportunities in workclothes." -Henry J. Kaiser

Sigmaz

I've used my 'handle' or variations of it since 1996.
I have 3 flavors of it Sigmaz, SigmazGFX, and Sigmaz_1 depending on the purpose of the identity.

I can't explain the origin it's been too long. Lol

Butch Harlow

I am Butch Harlow, because it's my name. I have never worried about identity theft because if someone did steal it, they'd probably do better with it than I did. Plus, it's easy for me to remember if I forget. I just ask my wife or check my ID.
Butch Harlow

Dan/Panther

Dennis;

I added my full name to my profile.
It's under the logo at bottom center of posts.
It only took me 10 years to do it.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

AE_Collector

You could have saved that for a 10 Year anniversary improvement!

Terry

Dan/Panther

My pleasure, it was a hard decision to make. But I was able to Muster up the nerve.
Terry, I couldn't hold back any longer.

DAN

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

oldguy

When I turned 65, I realized I may be getting older. So I started using the user name oldguy or some variation like oldguy65, oldguy065, depending on the requirements. In a couple of weeks I will be turning 70, now that's old. I still work part time, grade the driveway mow the fields (my wife calls it playing with my tractors, probably true), playing with & building 4X4s & of course restoring phones. Now Thats retirement. I have always included my 1st name on my posts because I like communicating by name.
Gary

FABphones

Have only just found this thread.

My name is unique to the forum. I chose FAB as in F.A.B. - Thunderbirds are go. And phones cos well.... phones!  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

SunriseEarth

Ah, yes...SunriseEarth is my screenname across many, many forums and sites.   I chose that name after a TV show that was on Discovery HD Theater about 10 years that simply showed the sun rising at different beautiful, natural locations around the world.   There was no narration...only the sound of nature.  It was extremely tranquil and serene.   

As I am a night owl, it was very rare that I'd have the opportunity to watch this show, but I did when I could.   So there is some irony that my name would celebrate morning when I am a night person.

Although full names are preferred here (and I think mine is in my signature), I used my screenname for consistency's sake.   I'll answer to Tony or Sunrise; just don't call me "Anthony" unless I'm in trouble. 
Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: SunriseEarth on September 04, 2018, 06:50:34 PM

...just don't call me "Anthony" unless I'm in trouble. 

I'll pass that along to Teleplay if you ever forget to directly upload a photo here... ;) ;D

That name is also almost fitting for your profile picture--the lit dial looks a bit like a solar eclipse if you squint.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford