News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Storms in SE Michigan

Started by bwanna, July 15, 2010, 08:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanna

hope all my fellow michigan guys are ok after the storms today. i got out of royal oak just ahead of it & came thru almont just after. lots of trees down & power out there & here in imlay. saw a snapped telephone pole.  :o fortunately i still have lights & just one large limb down. there are 3  trees in my front yard that i that i worry about. anyone of them would be in my house &/or power lines if they came down.
donna

Kenny C

it storming in parsons T.N. powers on though hope u Michiganites are OK up there
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan/Panther

Summer time here in S.E. California, taken about 15 minutes ago. About 3 hours ago it was hot dry and clear. This is what California Famous fires are made of.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Russ Kirk

Wow,  that's cool!

I'm moving to your SoCal area next month.  Guess I have a little different weather to experience.

Russ.......
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dennis Markham

Nice summer time photos.  All is well in beautiful downtown Utica.  We got a nice storm....not much wind and lots of rain.  We badly needed the rain.  We've had drought conditions here for several weeks with rain only in isolated areas.  It was welcome relief to the 90+ degree, humid day we had today.

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Russkirk on July 15, 2010, 09:17:06 PM
Wow,  that's cool!

I'm moving to your SoCal area next month.  Guess I have a little different weather to experience.

Russ.......

Russ:
What city?
Jorge

JorgeAmely

Warm and muggy in Southern Californy. 104F when I left work at 5PM.
Jorge

Dennis Markham

Ouch, Jorge!  That's too warm for my blood!

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Dennis Markham on July 15, 2010, 10:22:46 PM
Ouch, Jorge!  That's too warm for my blood!

Donna, we are people of the desert. We can take it. Humidity is only 40%.

I saved myself from traveling to another city the other day for work, it was 95F and 95% humidity there.
Jorge

bwanna

jorge, that is about what the temp/humidity has been around here recently...in other words, miserable!

the storms passed to the north & south of you then dennis. i ran into the high winds at about 25 mile rd. you are right we really needed the rain. saved me about 45 minutes tonite, as i did not have to water the flowers.  :)

d/p, i saw alot of that going on while driving  :o unfortunately, i couldn't take any photos.
donna

Dan/Panther

The temperature was about 102, and very humid, then 2 hours later it was 71 degrees, and raindrops as big as marbles. Now at 9:30 PM, it about 80 and 200% :o humidity very miserable.
We had 3 lightening sparked fires within about 10 miles of us.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Russ Kirk

Quote from: JorgeAmely on July 15, 2010, 10:20:44 PM
Quote from: Russkirk on July 15, 2010, 09:17:06 PM
Wow,  that's cool!

Russ.......

Russ:
What city?

I'm moving to Menifee. My house is scheduled to close August  19th.

My new phone room will be a little larger,  but I have to figure out the best configuration to display my collection.  I suspect it will take me a few weeks to get everything unpacked and displayed. So much work in moving. 

Russ...
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dennis Markham

Russ, where do you live now?

Russ Kirk

Quote from: Dennis Markham on July 16, 2010, 11:12:29 AM
Russ, where do you live now?

I currently live in Livermore, in the San Francisco Bay area.

It is a big move for me. 
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

LarryInMichigan

Power lines broke all over my area yesterday.  One was right around the corner from my house, and caused quite a light show.  I have had no electricity since then.  I am about 19 miles away now in a office (right near Dennis' neighborhood).

Larry