"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I saw 2 payphones at a tag sale

Started by MagicMo, January 13, 2013, 09:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

Hi,
I snapped a few pics of some pay phones I saw while I was antiquing. Not sure what category they are under. Anyone know about these? They were both listed for around $110
Your thoughts?
Thanks,
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

rdelius

the North one is not common but might be inpossible to find keys for if they are missing

G-Man

The practices for the North payphone are in the TCI Library and keys should not be much of a problem since a number of TCI members have these instruments in their collections. It would make an interesting addition to a collection but typically nothing to be too excited about.

Their history regarding being first manufactured by a division of Zero Manufacturing before being acquired by North is detailed in the TCI listserve's archives.

The payphone in the enclosure was manufactured for COCOT use and is really not collectable.

twocvbloke

Quote from: G-Man on January 13, 2013, 06:19:05 PMThe payphone in the enclosure was manufactured for COCOT use and is really not collectable.

Depends on who is doing the buying, I'd certainly have it if I was over there... :D

MagicMo

Thanks for all the info. It great to learn about this stuff regardless and I appreciate your knowledge.
Thanks,
Mo
Practice Kindness :)