Ericsson dial with last digit dialled indicator

Started by tubaman, July 14, 2019, 04:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

tubaman

@Jack Ryan - Brilliant work!
Well, Telephone Rentals still makes it telephone related to me, even if not in the strictest sense.  ;D
That repository of Telephone Rental documents is very interesting - I can see myself spending some time going through them.

@FABphones, I'll think about your very kind offer, but I need to be careful about acquiring more lovely things that I don't really have space for (I'm sure you know what I mean).  It's hard enough to resist buying more phones (failing miserably at that one) so I'm not sure diversifying would be a plan.  ::)

@rdelius, It sounds like the one you had in a metal box was the real thing as the document mentions a protective flap for more challenging atmospheres.   

There's another larger picture of it (attached) in the Centralograph section of those documents.

ma_xyz

Quote from: tubaman on October 01, 2019, 03:42:27 AM
@Jack Ryan - Brilliant work!
Well, Telephone Rentals still makes it telephone related to me, even if not in the strictest sense.  ;D
That repository of Telephone Rental documents is very interesting - I can see myself spending some time going through them.

Same here :-)

Thanks a lot @Jack !!

Very interesting use of dials.

Makes the phone I currently have mounted the dial to now a kind of "Franken-Phone" :-)
I did still not rewire the dial so that it would really work in that phone, knowing now this details I most probably never will. Will perhaps just construct some support to have it on display.

tubaman

Quote from: ma_xyz on October 01, 2019, 05:56:26 AM
Makes the phone I currently have mounted the dial to now a kind of "Franken-Phone" :-)

Maybe, maybe not. I can't imagine Ericsson only made them for that single purpose. I am sure there were plenty of other, as yet undiscovered by us, uses for these.
:)

ma_xyz

thx, you have a point there. will consider keeping it on the phone. also less work than mounting it elsewhere :-)

FABphones

Quote from: ma_xyz on October 01, 2019, 01:03:36 PM
thx, you have a point there. will consider keeping it on the phone. also less work than mounting it elsewhere :-)

I would keep it on the phone. Looks good, displays nicely.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble