News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello, new to the forum, and here are images of some of my telephones

Started by ptfd121, November 02, 2017, 12:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptfd121

I'd like to say "Hello" and thanks to Dennis for letting me join. I'm Dan Gilmore. I'm a firefighter from central Ohio who just recently started to seriously collect telephones. I currently have 15 phones in my small collection, including 3 payphones.  I'm looking forward to learning more about old telephones.

RB

stub

Dan,
            Welcome to the CRPF . I have found this is a great place to be , we all have same condition ;D !  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

HarrySmith

Welcome! I usually give new mwmbers a warning about Phoneitis but it is too late for you. Enjoy the asylum!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

Welcome to the forum! Lot of help available here...more than anywhere else!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

ptfd121

Thanks everyone! Glad to be here. I'll post a few pics of my collection in a while.

oldguy

Gary

dsk

Welcome to the forum.
Harry has already warned you, so I guess you know what you are stepping in to.  ;D

dsk

ptfd121

Here's one of my phones

pic 4. The first phone I actually paid for. I'm pretty sure that receiver and cord aren't supposed to be on this phone.

pic 6. This phone was from a closed down mall in Columbus, Ohio. It was given to me as a gift. I paid $25 for the booth.

ptfd121

pic 7 From the OSU / Shottenstein Center in Columbus, Ohio

pic 8 $10.00 trimline.

ptfd121

pic 13

pic 16. This is probably my favorite phone. I was able to trace down the phone number and found that the number was assigned to Orient State Institution, which was an institution that housed MRDD and other people with "issues" from around Ohio. Some of the residents of Orient were sent there as children for stealing, defiance and bed wetting. My parents worked at Orient in the 1980s. It was closed down in the late 80s and turned into a prison.

Fleetcmat

oldguy

With that Western Electric 565 I can see a 1A2 Key System in your future. And of course a Panasonic 616 would connect all those other phones together.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112553306276
There's no end to the stuff you can do, that your wife won't understand why you would want to do that!! But then again we can do that without phone stuff😀😀
Gary

WEBellSystemChristian

Very nice collection so far! ;)

Actually, regarding that 3-slot Payphone, it appears that the dial is the non-original part of the phone, not the handset or cord. That looks like a Western Electric 3-slot, which seem to be more valuable and sought after than an Automatic Electric payphone of the same vintage. The dial is Automatic Electric.

Judging by the coin gauge and coin return button, I'd say that's a later 190 series, probably from the mid '50s. How complete is it inside?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford