News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Obihai OBi200 ATA, Google Voice, Alldav converter and Rotary dial Need Help

Started by jfisher, March 30, 2018, 11:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfisher

I'm a complete novice when it comes to VOIP and all it's components. I've acquired a Obihai 200 and am using google voice with and Alldav pulse to tone converter.  My online research points to the fact that I may have to reconfigure my Obi200 to be able to dial out with a rotary phone. I went into the expert configuration page and I know I'm headed for trouble if I change anything there. If anyone has any experience with this setup I'd appreciate the assistance. Using a cordless touch tone phone works fine but if I connect a rotary phone I can not dial out. I have Comcast internet and a  Motorola MB7220 3.0 cable modem.

Thanks
Jerry

kb3pxr

Obi does not accept pulse, in order to use a pulse to tone converter, you may need to increase the off hook current from the setting of 20 to 27 ma (or you can crank it to the max setting).

jfisher

Thanks KB3pxr,

After changing off hook current to 27 ma I was able to dial out using a WE trimline.  I tried an Ericofon several times and received an auto reply "we can not connect your call please try again". Maybe a phone problem but definitely made some progress.

Thanks
Jerry

kb3pxr

Quote from: jfish on March 30, 2018, 01:15:07 PM
Thanks KB3pxr,

After changing off hook current to 27 ma I was able to dial out using a WE trimline.  I tried an Ericofon several times and received an auto reply "we can not connect your call please try again". Maybe a phone problem but definitely made some progress.

Thanks
Jerry

Who made your Ericofon? If it is an Ericsson one, I suspect the converter is expecting 39/61 Make/Break instead of the 33/67 a European phone will provide. The WE will work since it is designed for the 39/61 ratio.