News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ITT Rotary Trimline Connector ID???

Started by debeaune, April 17, 2014, 04:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

debeaune

Can anyone tell me what connector this is and I can I easily it for RJ11 ?  Thanks...Tim

poplar1

That's the original socket for a cord with wide plug on this end and spade tips on the other end. The WE Trimline/ITT Trendline/Stromberg-Carlson Slenderet all used these. If you want to keep the phone original you would have to find a Trimline-style line cord (wide plug on one end and spade tips on the other).

There were 623T adaptors made starting c. 1973 to convert these type bases to accept the newer mini-modular plugs such as RJ11. WE bases were recoded from "AD1" (original wide plugs for handset and line cord) to "AD2" (updated the line cord jack only) or "AD3" (updated the line cord and handset cord).

Also, there were some wire companies that made cords that would fit these jacks and had a modular plug on the other end. However, these cords are difficult to find. You can always leave the phone as is and install a new line cord that has spade tips on the phone end and a mini-modular plug on the wall end. Or install a 623T adaptor to convert the base to mini-modular (RJ11) so that a standard cord can be used.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

debeaune

Thanks, great info, so I could rewire an rj11 on one end (wall) and bypass this connector and wire directly into the phone?  Tim

poplar1

Tim, yes that will work, just two wires to L1 and L2 from the wall jack. You'll also have to move the black ringer wire from G to L1 get it to ring. If you want the dial to light up, you'll need a transformer (6-8 Volts AC).
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HarrySmith

Tim. I believe I have some cords with that connector on one end and spades on the other. If you want one you can have it for the cost of postage.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

debeaune

Harry, that would be awesome, would Paypal work?  Do I post my e-mail here or is it in my profile?  Tim