Main Menu

Kellogg wall phone - any info?

Started by BruceP, December 07, 2013, 03:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceP

Anyone have any info on this? Picked it up today for $35 + $10 in gas
Approximate year?
Where would it have been used?

Think I'll have some Pennsylvania Dutch Eggnog before I open it up, and or hook it to the 555.

BruceP

One sold last week:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271330380767

----------------
This vintage phone was made by the Kellogg Switchboard and Supply Company of Chicago in the early 1940's. This is a Masterphone, made out of Kellite, in the "space-saver" model, with a dial. It was made to mount on the side of a desk or under a counter to save space.

It measures 9" high x 8" wide x 4" deep, excluding the cords. It's in great condition. There's some gray paint on the side of the box, beige paint on the side of the dial and a little of both colors on the plug (clumsy painters!). The cloth electrical cord, the plug and the spiral handset cord are all intact.  It needs a handset. I have no idea if it would work once a handset was added.

Unusual features: Ivory Kellogg logo on the black dial face.  The dial has only numbers, no letters. Black and white buttons on top near dial... probably for an intercom or hold button (?)  The Code Number (D 9751DAK) is marked on the bottom.

EDIT:  Sold for $47.66 plus $12.66 shipping

BruceP

BruceP

It transmits fine, recieves at low volume. Doesn't ring. Dial returns too slow to work.

Contempra

Hello BruceP me too with one of my french style phone I heard loud but receive  very very low volume and I don't know why ! :(, so if there's someone who can explain me why, i will appreciate. thanks again :)

rdelius

Looks like  the same set that I replied about last week, The box on the front of the kellogg telephone is an AE ind coil unless the bakelite box was reused.Look at a Type 40 diagram to figure out the AE ind coil.The kellogg capsules in the handset are not the greatest. you could trouble shoot with newer ones