"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

finlover's Amazing Phone Display

Started by finlover, September 25, 2010, 11:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave F

Quote from: finlover on September 25, 2010, 11:51:14 AM
Here are some grainy photos of my little collection.  Not pictured are a lime green Stromberg-Carlson 554, a black AE50 and a black '52 WE 500, all of which are "in service" at our house.

That is a really beautiful display.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

finlover

Quote from: paul-f on September 26, 2010, 11:58:46 AM
It also somewhat reminds me of the set of Hollywood Squares.  You could have all sorts of fun arranging them in color patterns, such as red/orange on one diagonal and blue on the other, etc.

Oooooo, can I be Paul Lynde?
Actually, arranging the colors proved to be incredibly difficult--keeping similar or clashing colors apart, and then evenly distributing the non-500 sets--Oy!  Thank you for the compliment--you are telephone royalty, Paul!!
I think your official title should be: God Among Men and Titan of Telephony.  You'll need new business cards though...

paul-f

Quote from: finlover on September 26, 2010, 04:16:09 PM
[you are telephone royalty, Paul!!
I think your official title should be: God Among Men and Titan of Telephony.  You'll need new business cards though...

Let's not get carried away here...

"PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!"

I may have a short head start over some of you, but it wasn't that many years ago that I was "volunteered" to put up a reference web page because I could spell HTML.

Lots of folks in the clubs contributed a lot of the initial content.  When they told me I should put BSP references in the chart, I had to ask, "What's a BSP?"  The site gradually grew from one page to it's current convoluted state.  The simple goal was to capture summary answers to some of the FAQ on the lists, so we didn't have to start from scratch every time a topic came up.  A traditional site is great for organizing info like that. 

It's amazing what can be accomplished with only a few hours a week over many years.

I encourage everyone to pick a topic of interest and do something similar, or (to stay on topic) put up photos of your favorite phones, interesting finds or whole collections with commentary and supporting research in a "permanent" form that we can all reference with direct links.  Anyone can do it!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

finlover

Doug Rose

Quote from: paul-f on September 26, 2010, 04:56:15 PM
Quote from: finlover on September 26, 2010, 04:16:09 PM
[you are telephone royalty, Paul!!

Let's not get carried away here...

"PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!"

I may have a short head start over some of you, but it wasn't that many years ago that I was "volunteered" to put up a reference web page because I could spell HTML.

Lots of folks in the clubs contributed a lot of the initial content.  When they told me I should put BSP references in the chart, I had to ask, "What's a BSP?"  The site gradually grew from one page to it's current convoluted state.  The simple goal was to capture summary answers to some of the FAQ on the lists, so we didn't have to start from scratch every time a topic came up.  A traditional site is great for organizing info like that. 

It's amazing what can be accomplished with only a few hours a week over many years.

I encourage everyone to pick a topic of interest and do something similar, or (to stay on topic) put up photos of your favorite phones, interesting finds or whole collections with commentary and supporting research in a "permanent" form that we can all reference with direct links.  Anyone can do it!
Paul....don't short yourself on this. The hours you have put into this is phenomenal. It is a reference point for every serious collector in both clubs and now, the Forum. What you have done is invaluable to all phone collectors. We are indebted to your diligence. Thank you....Doug
Kidphone