News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE Auto-Com AM-73 & WE 191G(?) CL Find

Started by Doug Rose, February 26, 2018, 12:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

David....I do not have a key and the lock is basically rusted closed. I will try to get the wood off first. Outside is shot, maybe something good inside....thanks for all your help....as usual....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, fantastic finds, especially at the prices!!!

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 26, 2018, 08:52:24 PM
David....I do not have a key and the lock is basically rusted closed. I will try to get the wood off first. Outside is shot, maybe something good inside....thanks for all your help....as usual....Doug

I wouldn't say that the outside of the 3 slot  is "shot", it just needs some paint, or powdercoat, in my case.

If you're going to toss it, I'll take it off your hands, lock rusted shut and all! :)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AE_Collector

Yes if a 191G it has to be worth more than the average 3 slot. May well have lots of good stuff inside...see who has some keys to try to get you in without any damage. You're going to have some time on your hands to give it some thought.

Plunger on the 1A seems to be sitting very low...maybe because the dial has been changed out. Or might it have been stuck in the down position messing with the dial function when you were testing it?

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 26, 2018, 09:26:15 PM
Yes if a 191G it has to be worth more than the average 3 slot. May well have lots of good stuff inside...see who has some keys to try to get you in without any damage. You're going to have some time on your hands to give it some thought.

Terry
It also looks completely original from the outside, something you NEVER see on a pre-230 series phone. There's a very good chance everything is original inside.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AE_Collector

Back to the AE 1A Set, it is an AE Auto-Com. Here is a link to a discussion about a wall version of it from about 6 months ago.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18910.0

I see that these actually provide more than one private talking path. One lead per Station plus a common return lead provides for private signaling and conversation between two phones. I am not sure what happens if someone else dials a Station that is already in a conversation with another Station....three way conference call I bet!

Both these phones are keepers Doug! Tell the surgeons to be quick...you've got stuff to get back to at home.

Below is the page out of the AE 4033 Catalog that Stub posted in the other topic:

Terry

Pourme

~

What a great find, Doug....You can find some real deals on CL sometime...and you didn't even have to leave the house.

Can't help but wonder about the 'Pour500' it hasn't even been mentioned. I'm assuming it's not a '49.

The AE is a good FOM candidate!

Good luck tomorrow, you will be in our thoughts.

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

thx Terry

Benny ....the 500 set is is remarkable condition and just needs to be wiped down and tested.  No, not a '49  ::) but a later date workhorse. Someone locally on CL will want it...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Benny...500 set was refurberd by WE Dated 11 57 on ringer, coil and dial, 6 7 57 on receiver, new transmitter and blacked out on base. Nothing special, had the black 4 prong and a line cord inside the phone. Someon on CL will like it....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Terry...here is the dial, when cleaning up the work bench I found a piece that might have made the dial operational.
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Thanks Doug. Don't lose anything, you may want to put it back to what it was. That must be the rod that goes down through the cradle into the base. There must be a lever from the bottom of it likely to that price of metal sticking out through the round hole on the back of the dial.

Try turning the dial fingerwheel and see if it stays in place. Then push that button on the back of the dial, it likely releases it to snap back to default position.

Terry

Pourme

Doug, thanks for the info on the 500. A very 'handsome' phone. Someone will be proud to add it to their collection.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service