News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg-Carlson combination telephone questions

Started by NorthernElectric, April 13, 2016, 10:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernElectric

I came across a Stromberg-Carlson combination telephone today.  I didn't have a camera with me so I'm trying to ID it from memory.  I think I have it narrowed down by the hookswitch box to either the no. 2 with no. 14 hookswitch box from bulletin no. 5 or the no. 4 with no. 20 hookswitch box from bulletin no. 19.  I will have to print the images I cropped from the bulletins on TCI for my next visit.  The TCI library dates bulletin 19 as ca. 1905 but no date for bulletin no. 5.  I suppose there could be other variations because the next I found was the No. 10 in bulletin 1016 from 1915 and the receiver cap and hookswitch box for that looked wrong.  The phone is in good condition apart from some chipping around the back edge of the receiver cap.  So here are my questions.

Does anyone know what year bulletin no. 5 was published?

Are there other bulletins that would date between 1905 and 1915 available for viewing online in case the phone doesn't match either of my current candidates?

Are there model number markings on the phone and/or hookswitch box that I should (have already) looked for?

Anyone care to opine on the value?

Thanks
Cliff

unbeldi

I have Bul No. 5 dated to 1903, and No 19 to 1905.
The General Catalog of 1901 also has this type listed and pictured.

I have no idea about value, but independent of that:
This is a very appropriate instrument for finely furnished private offices and residences !

NorthernElectric

Thanks for the dates unbeldi.  I doubt that either my home or my office qualify as 'finely furnished' though.   :)
Cliff

paul-f

Quote from: NorthernElectric on April 13, 2016, 10:52:52 PM
Thanks for the dates unbeldi.  I doubt that either my home or my office qualify as 'finely furnished' though.   :)

...but either would be if you add that phone!   ;D
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line