News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by Jack Aman, December 19, 2010, 08:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Aman

Hi Everyone.  I'm Jack and I'm new to the forum.  I own two 302's one metal, one plastic which I use every day.  One was our house phone in Chicago when I was a kid.  (50's and 60's)  I just found it last year.  Thanks in advance for help and advice.

HarrySmith

Hi Jack :) Welcome to our little obsession ;D
Very nice 302, it is great to have one with a real connection to your past. Enjoy!
Now you can start with color 302's or maybe stick with Black and just get all the different models, short ear, multiline, non-dial, magneto, etc :D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dave Zemens

Welcome to the forum Jack.  You will find it to be a friendly place with lots of great information.

I think it's pretty cool that you still have the same phone you had when you were a kid. Neat!
Dave Zemens
1955 Design | Rochester, Michigan
Website Design & Development
Custom WordPress Themes & Plugins

Tom B

Tom

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

Welcome Jack.  We look forward to having you join in the conversations.

dsk

Welcome Jack!
You may even get the same number as you had on your first phone.
(at C*NET)

dsk

Dan/Panther

Jack;
Welcome. I can't think of a better place to start or with a better phone.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

stub

Jack, Welcome to the forum. You know that 2 phones will multiply very rapidly!!!!!!!  Nice phone.....   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

McHeath

Welcome.  Nice little 302.  Be careful around here or you will end up with a shelf of old rotary phones.   ;D

Doug Rose

Quote from: stub1953 on December 20, 2010, 09:40:43 PM
Jack, Welcome to the forum. You know that 2 phones will multiply very rapidly!!!!!!!  Nice phone.....   stub
Stub....the phone in your picture, is that yours? Very cool. I have the manual. Dial looks great. Send us some pictures....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: McHeath on December 20, 2010, 11:33:35 PM
Welcome.  Nice little 302.  Be careful around here or you will end up with a shelf of old rotary phones.   ;D
Or a room, or outbuilding, or all of the above.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.