News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Help with vintage Argentinian phone

Started by goodbeebo, November 24, 2016, 10:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodbeebo

Recently I purchased a vintage phone from a local thrift store I thought it was quite cool
I went on with oiling cleaning and such
Until I removed the rotary dial with a screw under the number plate to clean the rotary Numbers cleaned the numbers put the dial back on to realize that it wasn't springing back when turned to the finger plate

Btw the model number is standard electric Argentina b-111-a

rdelius

place fingerwheel back on after making sure the dial is at the proper position.use a sharp object to advance the center disc with the small holes  clockwise.I should click as you wind the spring.at least one full rotation of the center disc.DSK on the forums might explain it better.Dial was also used on Norweigan and other dials

dsk

Thank you for that credit  :)

These dial are pretty simple and reliable, it is primary 2 versions, one where a little part under the dial stops the dial from passing rest position, and one with a little metal pin on the center axle.  Looks like you have the first one, try to wind it up 1/2 turn by turning the cam on the rear side, hold it steady until you have got the dial in position.

With a little luck, that's all!

dsk

dsk

This was probably a to simple explanation, I will take some pics, and come back with a more detailed description.

dsk

dsk

You have cleaned and oiled it.
Usually we make a point of not getting oil into the centrifugal break (pic # 1 marked 1), if you have got oil in there, try to dry it out if you can. ( A little cotton moistened with alcohol may do a great job without taking it apart.)

Try to position the cam as pictured or a little in the direction of the arrow 2.

Then we go to the front (pic # 2) and let the plat fit the 4 tabs.

When you put on the finger wheel it should be positioned as the dial has been started to turn. (Pic # 3)
fasten the center screw.

To adjust the spring use a small screwdriver or paper clip to adjust the spring. use the 4 holes. (2 of them marked on pic 4)
The dial should return from 0 with an even speed. approx 1.2 seconds to stop.

dsk

dsk

goodbeebo

Still having trouble with it not turning back

dsk

Do you feel the resistance of winding up the spring?
Is it easy to turn it back by a fingers force?

dsk