News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello Everyone

Started by jeremylivin, February 23, 2010, 12:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremylivin

I just registered.  Been talking with Dennis Markham all morning about a W E 554 that I just bought.

I'm going to try and clean it up and get it mounted in my kitchen soon.  I'm sure you'll see me around trolling for info, or asking questions.

Jeremy Livingston

bingster

= DARRIN =

JorgeAmely

Welcome to the mad house Jeremy.
Jorge

Doug Rose

Jeremy....welcome...this is the place to be...Doug
Kidphone

AET

Nice to meet you, and to hear another 554 will be saved!
- Tom

jeremylivin

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome!

I think it's great what you all are doing.  Preserving a piece of American history!  These phones are beautiful and solid. 

Nothing like the cheap plastic chinese one that I'm throwing away to make room for my "new" one.  :)
Jeremy Livingston

Craig T

Quote from: jeremylivin on February 23, 2010, 01:51:45 PM
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome!

I think it's great what you all are doing.  Preserving a piece of American history!  These phones are beautiful and solid. 

Nothing like the cheap plastic chinese one that I'm throwing away to make room for my "new" one.  :)

Right on Jeremy, welcome to the forum.

bwanna

jeremy..beware the deep dark abyss of addic.......... i mean welcome! :) PETT (people for the ethical treatment of telephones) is a great cause. ;)
donna

McHeath

Welcome.  An old phone is terrible thing to waste. :)

Dan

Welcome Jeremy! My kitchen phone is a red 554 affectionately called the "hotline'.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

jeremylivin

Quote from: Dan on February 23, 2010, 10:53:03 PM
Welcome Jeremy! My kitchen phone is a red 554 affectionately called the "hotline'.

haha, nice!

Yeah I think it'll look great once I get it cleaned up.  All of our appliances are black and stainless, and I think this classic phone will look great there with them.

Just looking around these forums makes me want some of the neat phones I've seen.  Maybe it's time I started going to estate sales...   ;D
Jeremy Livingston

stub

Hi Jeremy,
                 Welcome to the forum.  Estate sales, ah huh , sure  all I need is just one more phone!   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Greg G.

Quote from: bwanna on February 23, 2010, 08:43:59 PM
jeremy..beware the deep dark abyss of addic.......... i mean welcome! :) PETT (people for the ethical treatment of telephones) is a great cause. ;)

Hmmm, here I thought PETT was People for the Ethical Treatment of Tofu. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bwanna

sure, briny.....like you eat tofu (me either) ;) ;D :o
donna

foots

Tofu? I'd rather put dirt between 2 peices of bread, eat that and wash it down with muddy water.

Welcome to the forum Jeremylivin.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"