News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

We got our first snow today.

Started by dsk, October 14, 2012, 03:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Not enough to make the road white, but the cars has snow on the roof, windows etc.
And I m still waiting for the summer :-[
Greetings from Norway
dsk

AE_Collector

Was weather in Western Europe generall "Not Good" this summer? Sounds as though Great Britain got more than it's fair share of rain as well?

Here in Western Canada it was a brutally slow start to the Summer but when it finally got started we thought that it would never end! Probably around the 10th of July before the rain finally got lost and it warmed up and felt like Summer. Very little rain the rest of July and virtually none ion August. By the end of Septemebr we had set a record for ZERO rainfall that month. That is something that has occasionally happened in Vancouver in July or August but not September.

The wheels finally fell off just on friday when we got significant rainfall and it hasn't let up all weekend now.

Terry

dsk

Definitely not a good summer, and bad for the agriculture. Still, if we try to use all the fine spots, and dress depending on weather and not on calendar, we have had a fairly good vacation.

dsk

twocvbloke

Yep, us brits skipped summer and went right to Autumn after Spring, people are still hoping for an "indian summer", but, somehow I doubt we'll get it... :D

Personally I love winter, my two favourite seasons are summer (when we get a nicely balanced one that is!!) and winter, but when it comes to winter, I like to see lots of snow, the sort that annoys single-occupancy car drivers when they can't drive their expensive cars on their usual routes with standard road tyres, then seeing someone in a cheap car with winter tyres speeding by them, it's so funny... ;D

But the best bit is the snow, when we get a lot it reminds some of us that we aren't in charge of this planet, and have to work with it and not fight against it, and those who choose to fight the snow always end up landing on their bottoms... :D

Still, not long now, we had our first early frost on the last day of August, so if that's anything to go by, it'll be a nippy winter for sure... ;D

McHeath

Here in central California we don't actually have that beast called "weather".  We have two seasons, amaZingly blaZingly hot!  Which can last from about April to October.  It was still 100 degrees just two weeks ago, and we've had Halloweens where it's STILL 100 degrees.  Then we have foggy-clammy season, known as "Winter" in other parts.  Fall consists of about three days when all the leaves die and the hot turns to clammy.  Spring is those three days of rain and the very brief greening of the native grasses before they all die.  

It's called the "Golden State" because it's all brown most of the year.  If you don't water it, it will die.

Anyway, here is the scene in Montana this past week where my son lives.  This was the view out his front door, the blue car is his.  Their first snow.  About 200 yards straight out is the Milk River, and a spot where Lewis and Clark camped when they came through a couple of centuries ago.  

There is not a town looking in that direction, South, for hundreds of miles.