"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hideous Telephones

Started by Stephen Furley, August 04, 2009, 05:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persido

Anyone like chickens?

http://tinyurl.com/nc5dd6a ( dead link 05-10-21 )

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Babybearjs

I don't know why people try to sell these things... the melted phone is just downright stupid... throw it away! as for the country phone... no thanks.... wrong décor... there are so many of these "ugly" phones out there that people have "personalized" why can't they just keep them!??
John

Phonesrfun

Devil's advocate:

Although the decoupaged phone is definitely not my taste either, it would seem that this seller is at least getting hard-wired phones out into the hands of the public, albeit kind of pricey, but I guess that is the price for the value-added artistic flair. 

Maybe decoupaging a phone is not much different than having one repainted in a standard Bell System color.  Either way, the original has been modified.

Hopefully they don't decoupage a 1949 500, or an early mushroom phone.  Better to sell one of those to a collector.

-Bill G

WesternElectricBen

That phones matches my friends wallpaper in his kitchen.

Ben

Babybearjs

well, heres another hideous phone.... someone wrecked a perfectly good 302 again!
John

WesternElectricBen

I just don't get why they would paint over the light bulb covers?

Ben

poplar1

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on July 17, 2014, 04:05:46 PM
I just don't get why they would paint over the light bulb covers?

Ben

Maybe not painted over.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171388929672
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WesternElectricBen

Hmmm.. Tinted or something, regardless I still don't understand why they would do that?

Ben

rdelius

They could have mounted neon bulbs in the holders to indicate the line was ringing. The switch might have been a ringer shut off. Have seen modified telephones on stages at theaters and radio station use

poplar1

Switch is a Melco single-line hold unit.
Lamps are wired in parallel, but only one lamp visible in pictures.

Babybearjs

and you are the seller??
John

poplar1

Seller is in  Ohio--not me. I just happened to find the listing. It would be helpful if you would  include a link to the ebay listing or at least the item number, rather than just a photo, as a courtesy to others who may not want to search through 11,671 listings to find it.

Greg G.

Ugh!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171390916441

----------------------

EDIT:The discussion that took on a life of its own after this "ugly" phone was posted has been split off and move to its own topic.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

TelePlay

Quote from: Babybearjs on July 17, 2014, 03:48:33 PM
well, heres another hideous phone.... someone wrecked a perfectly good 302 again!

As an FYI for posterity on this phone, the auction attracted 5 bidders and sold on Jul 21, 2014 for $49.67 plus $13.70 shipping