News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Italian Siemens Phone

Started by HobieSport, June 06, 2009, 07:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

The clip of Sophia is from "Marriage, Italian Style".  And now I know what movie I want to watch tomorrow night. I've never seen "The Rose Tatoo" either.  It's beginning to look like an Italian-American double feature.  Isn't film history wonderful?  Oh, and Lauren is welcome to call me anytime, say around 1948.
-Matt

Steve

Lauren Bacall can call me anytime. she has stood the test of time, and is still a most beautiful specimen of a woman. she could model for paintings even now.
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

HobieSport

And then there's Gina Lollobrigida.  Notice how hard I am trying to keep this thread on the subject of Italian telephones... ;D
-Matt

Steve

This thread's about Italian telephones???
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Steve

Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

HobieSport

Funny, I don't see any telephones in that last picture.  Nice gongs though.
-Matt

Steve

I didnt see any phones in your photos either :)
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

mienaichizu

Oh Matt I wanted that phone, the Valkyrie movie has lots of those phones

foots

darn Hobie, you sure got plenty of pictures of hot chicks. I've always liked the women from yesteryear, they're beautiful, classy, with very nice curves, and all that without cosmetic surgery. Not many women like those these days, unfortunately.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

HobieSport

Quote from: mienaichizu
Oh Matt I wanted that phone, the Valkyrie movie has lots of those phones

Ramil , the Italian Siemens Milano phone is not the same design as the German Siemens and Halske phones used in "Valkyrie".  The Italian phone doesn't have the stylish "spidery" handset like the German phones.  But I couldn't afford the German model so I went Italiano.  You can see the differences pictured below.  So don't feel bad. ;)

Besides, you have that wonderful black NEC phone and that makes me politely envious. 8)
-Matt

HobieSport

Quote from: foots
darn Hobie, you sure got plenty of pictures of hot chicks. I've always liked the women from yesteryear, they're beautiful, classy, with very nice curves, and all that without cosmetic surgery. Not many women like those these days, unfortunately.

;D Yep, it would almost seem like I have a huge collection of "classy vintage women with telephones" stored somewhere on my hard drive or a secret CD somewhere in my studio.  But I don't.

My interest in celebrities with phones all started when I first joined the forum last year and I read all of Mark Stevens original blogs and there was a picture of Elvis in a phone booth.  So I started looking around for sources of pictures of other celebrities using telephones.  I couldn't find a good photo of Humphrey Bogart with a phone, so I learned how to do movie still captures so I could get exactly what I wanted.

Nowadays if I want a certain photo or still shot I can usually remember where I saw it in a movie or on the internet.  I'm what they call a "visually oriented" person.  Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

As for women of yesteryear generally looking better than women of today, that seems true to me.  That's maybe because the movie star women of yesteryear possibly generally had more brains than celebs of today, or that they have just become icons in history.  Also the old photos were taken by excellent photographers who really knew their stuff, whereas the celebrity photos of today are all fluff and nonsense.

I'll shut up now because I'm trying to intellectualize beauty and that always boggles my meager mind.  Let's put it this way: I still don't understand women or telephones but I know what I like to look at. ;)
-Matt

mienaichizu

now I see the difference. I would prefer the German Siemens and Halske because of its slenderness.

foots

I actually prefer the Italian phone to the German one.
Hobie, I'm glad for your ability to post pictures of those women; the phones are nice too.  ;D
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Steve

Quote from: foots on June 11, 2009, 08:57:12 AM
I actually prefer the Italian phone to the German one.

Same here. the German phone has a footprint that doesn't seem to flow from the dial, and the cradles thinness makes it look like something is missing. to me, anyway :)
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,