"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How to adjust ringer volume on a Model 500

Started by Sargeguy, June 17, 2009, 10:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

In case you haven't figured it out yet:

This card came with the 306 I recently purchased.  It came with a really really old  500 box.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

HobieSport

Thanks!  It would have taken me years to figure that one out.  These phones can be sooo complicated.  I had to study the old video of how just to dial the phone for weeks. :P
-Matt

McHeath

Gee, a 66 word essay on how to adjust the ringer volume, I'm impressed.  Funny how times have changed, nowadays we get these shockingly complicated gizmos which often have skimpy little operating manuals that hardly give a clue to the true abilities or capabilities of the product. 

Phonesrfun

McHeath:

Don't forget that many of the instruction manuals for those complex gizmos are not only way too brief, but often are written by someone who did not even bother to have someone that actually knows English go over it to see if it makes sense to the average reader.

I have a motor scooter made in Tiwan, and the owner's manual is hillarious.

-Bill
-Bill G

foots

Those instructions reminded me of some of the punish work I had when I was in school. I was often given the task of writing an essay - 500 - 1,000 - or sometimes 4,000 or 5,000 words. The trick was to use as many "filler" words as possible to help you reach the word quota as easily and as quickly as possible with as little research as possible.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

AET

Finally!  I can turn the one down next to my bed and get a good nites sleep!
- Tom

Dan

I hooked up one @ work and had to silence the ringer! The girls all turned off their ringers @ first because it was "too loud" for them. Even @ the lowest dial setting, I sensed them answering the phone on the first   ring! Now it is silent on my desk and the darn chirping phones are back up and making noise again.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

JorgeAmely

Dan:

You need a Panasonic PBX so all can ring at once (in groups of 4).  ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

Dan

Yes Jorge, that would be music to MY ears , but I would have no staff left to answre the phones ;)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

At the high school I teach at, an independent study school, the teachers are all in a giant portable, it's probably 125 feet long and 25 feet deep, one big room divided up with some partitions and desks and such.  The students come and go all day, pick up their work and whatnot, anyway all the phones are Cortelco 2500s, there must be 15 of them in there.  Usually one is ringing ever few minutes someplace, it's a pretty cool sound, a 500 style ringer going off all the time, some close, some far, sounds like a newsroom circa 1970.