News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent posts

Hey everyone,

The last condenser I bought didn't have the blue tint, so I never installed it (at least I didn't lose much). However, I found a good replacement that is about the same dimensions of the cracked one, and more importantly has the blue tint. The 708 Headliner Duo doesn't have a separate heat filter, the condenser is tinted blue.

here's a link to the one I bought (I'm pretty sure it fits according to my math): http://www.ebay.com/itm/275462065872
Something in the handset is probably not making a proper electrical connection.  I would try to dismantle the handset to see where the problem may be.  I have no idea how the inside of the handset looks.

Larry
Thank you all for your replies. I have been reading several topics that indicate resolutions that involve hitting something, so today I hit the receiver against my chest, and surely, the noise stopped completely.

What does this point to? What should I do to resolve this permanently? Still open the entire thing?

Thanks for all your help
Technical "Stuff" / Western Electric 267 Transmitt...
Last post by Kmoody - Yesterday at 08:29:54 PM
Does anyone know where I can get the 3 washer kit for a WE 267 tansmitter? And how to adjust the proper tension on the diaphragm?
The philtel/phreaknet crew have  been working with expressnet,  id ask those guys too if their stuff does what yours is doing. 
https://philtel.org/2024/02/10/protel-programming-line.html 
Technical "Stuff" / Re: The end of POTS?
Last post by HarrySmith - Yesterday at 04:40:53 PM
Cool. I really did not think they would replace the copper. Congratulations!
Technical "Stuff" / Re: The end of POTS?
Last post by TelePlay - Yesterday at 04:27:47 PM
My error. AT&T came out today an buried 50 feet of 100 pair copper cable in my backyard easement.

This time of year, the group is quite damp. The results, wet black soil packed everywhere.

They'll fix it eventually but quite a mess today.

At least I'll get my choice back, continue with copper or go to FO.
Wanted / Wanted-AE switch shelf
Last post by Randyh - Yesterday at 04:27:22 PM
I am looking for AE step x step switch shelf 5 position or other
New Member Introductions / Re: New member
Last post by MMikeJBenN27 - Yesterday at 03:53:14 PM
Welcome to the club!

Mike
Telephone Troubleshooting and Repair / Re: 3554 ISSUE
Last post by MMikeJBenN27 - Yesterday at 03:52:37 PM
In the picture, I see Red, Black, Slate, and Slate/Red.  Connect Slate to K and Slate/Red to A, the Red to L2, and the Black to L1.  It should work.  If your house still has grounded ringing - our's does - you can connect the Black wire to GND it you want, but you will also have to connect the yellow line wire to GND, and will have to make sure your Ring and Tip wires are not reversed somewhere.  It won't work that way, as the red and black ringer wires will both be ground.

Mike