News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FOUND -- Wanted - AE 80 T Transistorized Amplifier Telephone ( Hard of Hearing )

Started by stub, November 14, 2018, 06:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Looking for a AE 80-T Hard of Hearing telephone with volume control behind the handset cradle. Thanks ,  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Jim Stettler

Quote from: stub on November 14, 2018, 06:12:41 PM
Looking for a AE 80-T Hard of Hearing telephone with volume control behind the handset cradle. Thanks ,  stub
Stub,
That is  a really  cool phone, I should find  a clear or swirl example for my collection. What color works best for your's ?
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AE_Collector

I wonder how long AE made those for? That one is clearly the earliest model of an 80. AE made amplifying handsets with volume control on the back of the receiver end of the handset which must have made this particular phone obsolete.

I have never seen one of these phones.

Terry

stub

Terry,
         I found them in both 1957 Catalogs thru 1964 and in 1968 Catalog AE stated it was discontinued and parts were available for it till stocks were depleted .  stub

Jim ,
         One of any color or clear would be KOOL also .   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

paul-f

Here are some photos for reference. I have owned several dated in the 1960-62 range.

Stub: I have a duplicate and will dig it out tomorrow. PM coming.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

LarryInMichigan

In paul-f's third picture, there appears to be some sort of cover over one of the ringer gongs.  What is the purpose of that?  If it is there to muffle the sound from the ringer, that would not seem to make sense if the purpose of that phone model was to amplify the sound through the receiver.

Larry

AE_Collector

Ah, the miracle of miniature electronic components!

I'm going to call the cover on the gong... black electrical tape. Have seen that a lot and assume it was done in the field. I am not sure if it was to quiet or maybe to stop the gong from continuing to "ring" between the ring cycle...IE quiet it down a little in the quiet period. But that is just a guess.

Thanks for the pictures Paul.... I had never seen inside one of these.

Terry

stub

AE 80-T Hard of Hearing telephone with volume control behind the handset cradle has             been procured . Thanks Paul-F ,very much !!!! The pictures are from Paul also . Sorry, I forgot to let everyone know .   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector