News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I Finally got A Kellogg Oil Can

Started by Doug Rose, April 06, 2019, 01:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This was in the collection I bought last week. Cleaned up great. Everything is Kellogg but the SC receiver....Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

Are you positive it is Kellogg and not Chicago?

Doug Rose

Robby...just went by the markings, Kellogg Transmitter, Bakelite K MP and the back cup. You think its a Chicago?
Kidphone

rdelius

I think it is a Chicago built stick, Poss Montgomary Ward or Sears

Doug Rose

Robby...what leads you to that opinion. The Kellogg transmitter with the SC receiver? Not questioning you, I just want to learn. I am extremely happy with this stick...many thanks....Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

I have never seen a Kellogg with that base or switch hook in 45 years of collecting . Kellogg used the same design from the late 00s to the 1940s .Kellogg used good heavy construction with many brass parts and a hard rubber or bakelite sleve over the shaft. It would be easy to put a Kellogg tx cup or transmitter on other makes of telephones Most of the Chicago built sets for Sears or Montgomary ward had Steel bases and hooks thinly plated with nickel and would rust badly . Look at this link of an earlier example compare the base and pearch
http://degeer-phones.com/Other_candlesticks.html

HowardPgh

I agree with rdelius that your phone is a Chicago with a Kellogg transmitter.
Here is a picture of an earlier and a later Kellogg phone side by side for comparison. Note the transmitter mount on the earlier one.
Howard

Doug Rose

thanks guys ...Chicago it is! I will look for a transmitter and receiver to complete this beauty....Doug
Kidphone