Started by Dan/Panther, April 21, 2010, 12:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Bwanna;
Now is that like me to play a practical joke at a time like this ??? :o :o :o
D/P ;D

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Craig T

Careful D/P that 1948 will end up in Oz if that baby gets a hold of it  :)

dsk

bingster

From snow to flowers in one day.  Ahhh, the wonders of spring!
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

Here we are once again It's now May 23, 2010.
It's not much, but Yes it's snowing you can see a little white there on the ground.
A couple more weeks and we will tie the latest snow fall for this area, of June.
D/P

Dennis Markham

That's crazy to think of snow now.  Even here in Michigan it's humid and 81 today.  They say 90 by next weekend.  Time for summer!

Phonesrfun

They issued a frost warning for 28 degrees in the NE corner of Washington and the NW corner of Idaho for last night.
It got in the 40's here.

Weird weather we're having.
-Bill G

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phonesrfun on May 23, 2010, 02:13:16 PM
They issued a frost warning for 28 degrees in the NE corner of Washington and the NW corner of Idaho for last night.
It got in the 40's here.

Weird weather we're having.

Bill:

Not quite that bad here this weekend in the extreme North West corner of Washington. Still, it is cool outside.

Terry

Phonesrfun

Terry:

You guys up there are kind of in the tropics for this part of the world! 
-Bill G

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phonesrfun on May 24, 2010, 01:12:18 AM
Terry:

You guys up there are kind of in the tropics for this part of the world!  

Yes the tropical Pacific North West! Quite nice here in Point Roberts, Washington today. It is a Canadian long weekend as May 24th is Victoria Day, the Queen's birthday. So Yahoo, an extra day off of work to lounge about at the cabin. Back to reality tomorrow  :'(

Phonesrfun

I noticed Victoria Day earlier today when I looked at my calendar.  Glad to see you are putting the day off to good use.

An interesting side note:

The bank I work for has three branches at a sister bank located on the San Juan Islands, not far from Victoria, BC.  We jokingly refer to them as "Gilligan's Island", which is not far from the truth.  Their culture is very much built around a slower pace, and they call it "Island time".  Recently someone made the comment that when they take the ferry to the mainland, the say that they are going to "America".

-Bill G

Dan/Panther

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the days like this. Most of my life has been spent in Southern Californian, and frankly, I'm sick of sunshine.
D/P

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phonesrfun on May 24, 2010, 01:23:04 PM
Recently someone made the comment that when they take the ferry to the mainland, the say that they are going to "America".

I have cousins living on "Bowen Island" which would be one of the San Juan islands except since it is a bit further north and in Canada so it is one of the Gulf Islands. They referred to taking the ferry to "The Continent".

Terry

dsk

Nice here. We had a max of about 62 deg F yesterday, and sunny.
70 miles away they had snow.

I do not want to complain, it doesent help.

dsk