News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need Advice

Started by mmd, May 20, 2010, 02:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

One last thing.  Real men are gentlemen and treat women with respect.  Use old-fashioned gentlemanly manners and don't act like you're only after a roll in the sack.  And don't mess with married or otherwise partnered women.  Only cads do that, there's no future in it, and you'll be asking for trouble!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AET

Any woman who's willing to leave a guy or cheat on a guy with you, is just going to do it to you later on.
- Tom

Phonesrfun

This is like having a Dear Abbey column....
-Bill G

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phonesrfun on May 24, 2010, 01:08:40 AM
This is like having a Dear Abbey column....

I suggest that we move this discussion onto the TCI or ATCA list servers! I'd love to see the reaction over there. hee hee

Terry

Phonesrfun

Wow,  I could just hear it now!

I like the fact that here we have an off topic category, which is something that the participants in the listserves don't readily tolerate.

-Bill G

Dan/Panther

Listservers seem kind of impersonal, The topics jump around and it hard to tell who's talking to who ?
This way it's easier to follow threads.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dan/Panther on May 24, 2010, 02:36:36 PM
This way it's easier to follow threads.
D/P

Since you brought that up...

As you know, I'm relatively new here. There are lots of things that I prefer about this forum and its members as compared to the list servers.

One observation that I have made is that some of the discussion names or titles could really use some more thought. It doesn't really become an issue if we are all just checking in on all the "New" posts each day. But when trying to search through all of the past discussions for a specific topic later on, having informative titles makes it a whole lot easier to find things.

Now that I have posted this here, a month from now someone will say "Terry posted something about improving the titles of new discussions, I wonder where that was". A couple of months later it will finally be found in the obvious place, the "Need Advice" thread!

Just my Opinion...

Terry

Dan/Panther

Terry;
When you can drift off topic, like we can here, that is always going to be problem. However if you use the 'search' function, and a couple key words you can remember from your topic, you can narrow the search down to perhaps a few dozen posts instead of hundreds.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson