News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Tesla S FP 150 02 made in Czeckoslovakia

Started by Doug Rose, October 02, 2013, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I found this in a box in my basement. been there awhile!! Really nice shape metal on metal with a bakelite cradle and handset. Very cool multi prong on end of cord. Any information is appreciated...Doug
Kidphone

wds

As if your fantastic flea market finds aren't enough, now your finding these phones in boxes in your own basement?  Next they will be jumping into your lap!

Nice phone - top part looks like a BTMC phone.
Dave

unbeldi

My first impression is that this is a design licensed or copied from Siemens&Halske. S&H made several sets in this shape, a metal can with a Bakelite housing for dial and handset cradle on top, for example, a coin collector which had a single coin tray in the spot where that clear button is--what is that ?, another had a toll usage meter in place. Since S&H was forced to share their designs for any set that was accepted (or submitted?) by the German Post for connection to their network, a lot of companies duplicated their designs. Based on this finger wheel style I'd say this is a 60s or even 70s telephone.

dsk

Quote from: unbeldi on October 11, 2013, 08:30:32 PM
My first impression is that this is a design licensed or copied from Siemens&Halske. S&H made several sets in this shape, a metal can with a Bakelite housing for dial and handset cradle on top, for example, a coin collector which had a single coin tray in the spot where that clear button is--what is that ?, another had a toll usage meter in place. Since S&H was forced to share their designs for any set that was accepted (or submitted?) by the German Post for connection to their network, a lot of companies duplicated their designs. Based on this finger wheel style I'd say this is a 60s or even 70s telephone.

That is about what I was thinking too.

After some time I guess I recognized the plug too, and that one could be the most valuable part of the phone.  ;)
The German wwii field switchboard; "klappenschrank, kleiner" (Switchboard, small) had a 30 point contact for external connections.

dsk