News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What video is this?

Started by novarlynx, September 24, 2016, 10:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novarlynx

The tv show Futurama often puts a short clip of some old cartoon on a giant TV screen that the main characters' spaceship crashes in to.

This one came on and it's got an animation that has what looks like a cartoon candlestick and a cartoon guy whose head is a rotary dial, sort of resembling a Spacesaver phone, wearing a suit. I swear i've seen that cartoon before but I can't remember what it's called nor can I find it on the internet. Anyone here recognize it? Thanks!
The digital PSTN is so boring now. I wish I could have experienced what it was like to use the Bell System with all its analog wonders.

Well, at least we have museums. Right?

twocvbloke

If you know which season & episode name/number it was, you can probably find it in here:

https://theinfosphere.org/List_of_opening_cartoons

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

novarlynx

Yeah it was marked as unknown, that's why I was asking.
The digital PSTN is so boring now. I wish I could have experienced what it was like to use the Bell System with all its analog wonders.

Well, at least we have museums. Right?

twocvbloke

Another option is to contact the creators of the show and ask them, they may still have on record what it was they borrowed the clip from...

AE_Collector

Well it is likely to be a dial conversion related customer training video of some sort given the two characters in the show.

Terry

Jim Stettler

It could be an educational movie made for schools. 
Bell produced a lot of classroom movies and filmstrips.
JMO,
Jim S.

BTW: I had a booklet that listed the educational titles available from Bell.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.