News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 201: WE 1955 Soft Plastic Rose Beige 500 - Ended 01/31/16

Started by TelePlay, January 24, 2016, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

It is making good progress on the bidding. I will make a reasonable guess of $340.00, which is more than I would pay but probably less than it will go for.
JMO,
Jim S.

BTW
I suspect Autonut, JimH, and WesternElectricBen are closer to the "stupid money" amount the phone will bring.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

compubit

A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

TelePlay

And the winner of Auction Contest #201 is david@london who with the 9th entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $690.00 giving him his 2nd auction contest win. So a big congratulations goes out to david@london for another win in the CRPF Auction Contests and moving up one rung in the Contest Standings.

The phone was won by e***e ( 1292 ) with his first and only bid of the auction, a last second snipe placed 5 seconds before the auction ended to take the phone home for $698.88. The phone moved up quite well from it start at $79 to $190 where it sat the last two days of the auction. With about 10 hours to go, it had increased to $232. But if anyone watched the last 15 seconds, they saw it jump to $324 and in the last 5 seconds skyrocket to $698.88 by way of 3 snipes (I hope the seller was sitting down) more than doubling the selling price. The auction saw 17 buyers placing 28 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 201 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

WesternElectricBen

david@london

.....yes, congrats dennis on that excellent result.

teleplay -
it is reassuring to know that my successful guess will be statistically analyzed and archived under appropriately secure conditions at funk & wagnalls...........