"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 203: 1970s WE Clear Trimline Phone - Ended 03/02/16

Started by TelePlay, February 25, 2016, 01:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

I just noticed this in the description:

"...this iconic TRIMLINE Western Electric Phone is PRISTINE CLEAN and bares every wire and transistor for review!!"

Really, a transistor in a Trimline? This guy knows his stuff... ::)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Jim Stettler

To bad it isn't a TT IC set.   

The housing on this phone is 1969. They made lots of clear trimline housings that year. The cord is worth some good  $.  This is in very nice condition and is a hard trimline to find.  Someone will be quite happy when they win.

A can't lose bid on this phone is $613.97.   I suspect it will sell for over $350.00 and less than $615.   My official guess is high @  $613.97.

JMO,

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

TelePlay

With just under 24 hours to go, I'll break the green ceiling and try $650.00

There are only 3 bidders on this phone so it may indeed go at a bargain price.

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

And, the winner of Auction Contest 203 is Fabius, who with again the 3rd entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $404.00, a mere $1.99 under the final sale price (not bad at all for an early contest entry).  That guess gave him his 7th win in our auction contests. Once again, our congratulations go out to Fabius for winning this Auction Contest and moving up a rung in the Contest Standings.

This clear trimline started at $9.99, jumped quickly to $157.50 over 2 days and then sat at that price until the auction end day and time. There was one bid placed 41 seconds before the action ended. That bid was the first and only bid placed by h***m ( 1318 ) to take the phone home for $405.99, $5 over a high bid placed by r***a ( 87  ) on the day the phone was listed. The phone attracted 5 bidders offering 9 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 203 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.