News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gray Telephone Photos

Started by paul-f, September 03, 2010, 11:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

I have one of the phones with the beige/ivory caps on the handset.  I believe mine is from Germany.  I guess the two-toned handset was done as a little design "elegance".
-Bill G

Matilo Telephones

Yes, quite a few of these greys had cream colored end caps and bottom plates. I think it was because they wanted a conservative, inconspicuous color scheme, so they would be at home in all kinds of environments. But they did want to emphasise that these were not made of bakelite, but of a much more modern kind of plastic.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

paul-f

Here's an odd variation I got from the legendary Bill Wright many years ago when he lived in Nashville.

Leich G105M

G = optional pushbutton - on dial number plate! Held on by 2 visible screws.
M = 30 Hz ringer
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

unbeldi

These are getting along together...

SC 1553WG (1961)  and WE 554BR-61 (1959)

WEBellSystemChristian

Here's my latest restoration; a 1973 WE 500 from forum member Bruce (Slal). I bought it from him awhile ago after he found out I was desperately looking for a light gray 500.

After a good peroxide bath overnight, It looks great! The handset color isn't perfect, but it looks better in person.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

stub

Here's my AE Dawn Gray 880 Speakerphone , finally finished.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Jon Kolger

I have several gray phones in my collection.  Most of them are foreign, primarily Japanese, but a few others mixed in as well.  I really regret selling my Oxford Gray mushroom phone a few years back.

Jon Kolger

Last but not least...

WEBellSystemChristian

Jeez Jon, you had a GRAY MUSHROOM?!? That's the stuff of dreams for most of us here! :)

Do you have a picture of what it looked like before you sold it, or the auction picture?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

paul-f

Quote from: Jon Kolger on June 20, 2015, 04:54:43 PM
I have several gray phones in my collection.  Most of them are foreign, primarily Japanese, but a few others mixed in as well.

Nice phones, Jon.  Can you add manufacturer and model info for any of them?

andre_janew

That first one is quite unusual.  The stop looks like it is attached to the case instead of the dial.

paul-f

Quote from: andre_janew on June 21, 2015, 10:43:33 AM
That first one is quite unusual.  The stop looks like it is attached to the case instead of the dial.

...and the stop seems to be held on by a nut on a pushbutton.  Did they use keyed fittings on the fingerstop and on the button mounting to keep the fingerstop aligned properly?

Dave F

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on June 21, 2015, 12:50:26 AM
Jeez Jon, you had a GRAY MUSHROOM?!? That's the stuff of dreams for most of us here! :)

Do you have a picture kf what it looked like before you sold it, or the auction picture?
I have a gray Mushroom phone.  It's not Oxford, but it is gray and it's also NOS.  See it here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3301.msg43719#msg43719

DF

Jon Kolger

I can't find any photos of the Oxfiord Gray Mushroom set.  There might be some in the forum archives.  I think it was an auction contest 3-4 years ago when I sold it.  The phones I have pictured here are:  (1) Iwasaki (2)  NAC.  I bought this from Doug Rose on ebay.  (3) Hitachi  (4) Sogo (intercom)      (5) DuKane  (6) Unknown to me.  I've seen other black phones like it.  Some of our international members might be able to ID it.  (7) NEC

I also have a gray Connecticut and a gray Star phone, but photos of them have already been shared.

LM Ericsson

Here is my Gray 1989 СПЕКТР-3 (Spektr-3) from Russia.
Regards,
-Grayson