News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

DSS Consoles, What to do with them??

Started by Babybearjs, March 17, 2018, 03:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I was given 2 20 button DSS consoles from Phil Mc Carter a few years back and didn't know what to do with them.... so.. one day I decided to repurpose them into 1 40 button unit.... simple, right??   Wrong.... I had to desolder all the connections, and remove the old PC Boards.... then I was going to reassemble the unit into 1 cabinet.... which was done, then I lost interest..... it sat in my shed until tonight when I happened upon it and realized I had all the parts to finish the project, except 1... the face plate...
so... here are some pictures of my Friday night project.... it went back together OK, I just need to fasten down the terminal strips....
John

Babybearjs

.....and the last picture...
John

poplar1

Are you sure these are DSS consoles, and not BLFs (busy lamp fields) that light up to show a station off-hook, with locking keys to toggle on/off the MW (message waiting) lamps underneath the hold keys on 1A2 tel sets?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Babybearjs

According to the practice, they were titled DSS.... BUT< they can be busy lamp field consoles, but I've never heard of that term....
John