Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

baldopeacock

Westinghouse?   OK.

This being the only Westinghouse 302 in existence, it's way underpriced.   This phone dwarfs even D/P's field test 500 in significance.

Kenny C

what is a westinghouse. That looks like a plain old 302 to me
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

HarrySmith

Although it is hard to tell from the great photo it looks like Western Electric on the handset!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

jsowers

You can be SURE if it's Westinghouse! How many of you old timers remember that? This one I'm sure isn't Westinghouse. They made electronics and appliances back in the 1950s-80s, and some really neatly shaped light bulbs. I have some of their 150-watters in my basement. I've seen the Westinghouse name on Christmas lights as recent as a few years ago.

About five years ago an empty building supply building I see every day on the way home from work had a lean-to addition torn down and behind it was a painted advertising sign on the entire wall of that building. It said "You can be SURE if it's Westinghouse!" And it had that W logo. It's painted over now.

People get Western Electric confused with Westinghouse all the time. They also get it confused with General Electric and even Automatic Electric.

Here's a Westinghouse commercial with their longtime spokesperson Betty Furness. And the cast from I Love Lucy (since this IS a Lucy phone)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKNclLG2cuU
Jonathan

Doug Rose

Quote from: HarrySmith on June 30, 2010, 03:55:34 PM
Although it is hard to tell from the great photo it looks like Western Electric on the handset!
[/quote] We should always assume the that the seller knows absolutely nothing about telephones. We are the collectors, they are not. I cannot tell you how many times I have asked at a yard sale, "have any old telephones?" and they come back with " a square black one, its either a Westinghouse or General Electric." Its always nice to get that "Westinghouse" metal 302 for a buck.....Doug
Kidphone