Main Menu

who is the maker of this dial PMO??found it in a box of parts

Started by Doug Rose, June 27, 2015, 02:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

found it in a box of parts....thanks....Doug
Kidphone

Ktownphoneco

Doug ....    Looks like a Siemens (U/K) to me.     It's got an "A" series pulsing cam, which produces a break of 66-2/3rd's I believe.

Jeff Lamb

unbeldi

GPO No. 10 dial?    But did those have the word "Operator" on it?  Perhaps it was for the Canadian market.

PS: if you take the black plastic/Bakelite ring off, it should show a model number, I think.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Ktownphoneco

Your more than welcome Doug.       Here are some pictures of a Siemens dial I have.    Actually I have several.     They were used by the Manitoba Telephone System (MTS), for a number of years.
The adapter ring attached to yours is probably a Northern Electric adapter ring used to mount the Siemens dial to the Uniphone.   MTS also bought Uniphone sets as well, which would explain the adapter ring.

Jeff Lamb

unbeldi

It's the same dial that the GPO used. See: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11705.msg124633#msg124633

I think many of these were actually made by Western/Northern Electric for others, incl. the GPO.

PS:
Quote from: Ktownphoneco on June 27, 2015, 06:38:10 PM
Here are some pictures of a Siemens dial I have.    Actually I have several.     They were used by the Manitoba Telephone System (MTS), for a number of years.
It seems only those that had the Siemens Brothers logo on the finger stop were made by them.

Jack Ryan

Quote from: unbeldi on June 27, 2015, 06:40:57 PM
I think many of these were actually made by Western/Northern Electric for others, incl. the GPO.

PS:
It seems only those that had the Siemens Brothers logo on the finger stop were made by them.

These were designed by Siemens Brothers in the UK and were made by many UK manufacturers. Most have GPO markings; some are marked Siemens Brothers. They usually have UK and Australian patents on the finger stop.

It has a Canadian number plate.

These were manufactured in the UK and exported to Canada along with telephones and exchange equipment.

Jack