Main Menu

10K for a Phone?

Started by Doug Rose, March 30, 2019, 02:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Kidphone

phonetech87

Doug;
That is not even the complete telephone, just the top box.
Ben

paul-f

This is one of the few cases on ebay when the use of the word, RARE, may be an understatement.

Save the photos. We're not likely to see many of these for quite a while.

I hope it went to a museum, where there's a chance some of us will be able to see it in person.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

paul-f

More photos.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

RotarDad

Thanks Paul for the perspective.  What is "Secrecy Magneto Bell" labeled on the nameplate?  Does that mean the bell doesn't ring locally when you operate the mag to alert the operator you'd like to make a call?
Paul

Jim Stettler

The buyer didn't overpay.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

kleenax

Quote from: phonetech87 on March 30, 2019, 02:40:18 PM
Doug;
That is not even the complete telephone, just the top box.
Ben
This is NOT a "top box", it's the actual "telephone" minus the wooden transmitter/receivers and battery jars. My god is the a RARE piece of telephone history! This would have went for twice this price just a few years ago.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Sargeguy

I saw the phone last week when I visited the consigner.  They let me play with it for a few minutes.  It is a spectacular phone.  The phone is "attic fresh" and looks like it was never touched since it was taken out of service.  There was some damage from fitting the magneto and bell which, despite being super esrly, were not original.  The lock was also added I think.  The last one of these I am aware of that sold on eBay was $6500 if I recall, so I don't think the price was too low. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409